Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT. Okie bank robber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Saw this yesterday on our local news.

A guy robs a local bank on friday. gives the teller a note on a deposit slip. "This is a robbery, Give me all your money". She gives him the contents of her drawer. Tulsa police arrested him Saturday. He wrote the note on his own checking account deposit slip with his name and address on it. laugh.gif
Rgreen914
Several years ago, one of my parolees also robbed a bank. Since he had to wait in line for a teller, he complained to her about the delay. He took the bag of money and left in his (mother's) car; later the car was found abandoned near her residence after the dye-pack had exploded inside. The detectives traced the owner and went to her apartment. When they showed her the surveillance photos, she said "that's my son!" Well the FBI was in no hurry to go looking for him (bank robbery is a federal offense) but when I found out, I had a (fugitive) warrant issued for him for absconding. After a couple of months, he gets arrested on my warrant and again the FBI is reticent to prosecute (by now the guy is growing a beard but was clean shaven when he robbed the bank) due to problems with witness identification (remember his mother...) in a photo line-up ("six-pack"). I make a call to the prison and explain the problem to a sergeant, who then has the parolee shave and takes pictures of him! When I show these photos to the FBI Agent, he still declines to prosecute! The parolee ended up doing a year parole violation but was never charged with bank robbery! Inmate I.Q. scores would never interest college recruiters!
kafermeister
Is this the article?
Mark Henry
It's one thing to have your name splashed all over the papers as being a thief.

It's another to be known as a thief and a total fucking moron.

I take it he is not a Mensa member. chair.gif
Rgreen914
That's the point! Why do you think these people get caught...over and over and over...! Does the term recidivism ring any bells?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Rgreen914 @ Jan 25 2004, 03:12 PM)
Does the term recidivism ring any bells?

I don't know what that means... can you repeat that...over and over... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.