Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poly bushing grease?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
im installing new poly bushings from pelican (came in a sack of four....they have 2 different part numbers...how can i tell which is front/back) mad.gif

anyway, after i cut small grooves in them, what lubricant can i use (didnt come with any/didnt buy any) can i use lithium white grease?

please help
TimT
gorilla snot!!

use a waterproof grease, like you would use for a boat trailers bearings
Aaron Cox
so not regular wheel bearing grease like the torsion bars?

also- they arent labeled front or back, just have 2 sets of part numbers. which is front, ehich is rear? are they identical?
Jeroen
IIRC the bushings have "front" or "rear" engraved in the flanges
Order some of the bushing grease... It's weird stuff, not comparable to any other grease I've seen before

cheers,

Jeroen
Qarl
whale snot, not gorilla snot.
Aaron Cox
the bushings both have part numbers identical, except the last #, one is a 7, other is 8. they dont say front or rear.

can i get this bushing lube at flaps? so no go on wheelbearing grease?
Qarl
No go on bearing grease.

Use synthetic boat bearing grease
Jeroen
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 26 2004, 12:58 AM)
the bushings both have part numbers identical, except the last #, one is a 7, other is 8. they dont say front or rear

check the pelican website for the part#'s
they also sell the fronts / rears separate

cheers,

Jeroen
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 25 2004, 02:58 PM)
can i get this bushing lube at flaps?

i'd be really surprised ...

i bought a little tub of the stuff - about the size of a 35mm film can - 1 ounce, i believe - from Performance Products. that'll do a few cars or one car a lot of times, even if you use it on every bushing. white stuff, contains Teflon, incredibly sticky, like Teflon-bearing honey. it's not expensive - $8 maybe.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jan 25 2004, 04:05 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jan 26 2004, 12:58 AM)
the bushings both have part numbers identical, except the last #, one is a 7, other is 8. they dont say front or rear

check the pelican website for the part#'s
they also sell the fronts / rears separate

cheers,

Jeroen

i did. parts cary diffferent numbers than theyre website mad.gif

i dont even think theyre wetmeister sad.gif
Dave_Darling
Check out a boating supply house for the grease.

As for the bushings, try emailing tom@pelicanparts and asking. He's the Big Cheese (well, him and Wayne) and he's a "parts guy" who has access to all that sort of info.

--DD
TimT
With the amount of fitting you have to do to make the bushings work, the part numbers are irrelevant.

You will be grinding,filing etc to make the bushings work... chose a pair and assign them as the front. the others as the rear...
MarkV
You can get it at Ace Hardware in the plumbing section. It is used for faucet O rings and is good for 450 degrees and won't wash off. It comes in a 1/2 ounce container & costs 3 or 4 dollars.
TimT
beerchug.gif Mark, thats cheap gorilla snot.............. you could easily pay 3 times that much in a marine store.. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.