Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR: When are you arriving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Are most people staying at the hotel Thursday night? Or coming in early Friday?
PeeGreen 914
I will be down there on Thursday to BS with whoever gets there on Thursday biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 22 2008, 05:34 PM) *

hmmm, i thought we would start driving up there on thursday, stay overnight somewhere and get there early on friday ...

has that plan changed? because i only got a room for friday night and saturday night ...
idea.gif Andy
jim_hoyland
Arriving thurday am
PeeGreen 914
Are you driving Jim?
jim_hoyland
Flying

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 22 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Are you driving Jim?

PeeGreen 914
So are you going to be hitching rides confused24.gif

I guess that's a good way to see what you want to do to your car biggrin.gif or maybe that's a bad thing... Why do the projects never end av-943.gif
rhodyguy
if some of you guys want to depart cal earlier and don't want to spring for a room on thurs night i have space avail at my house. with good traffic i'm about 45 minutes away from issaquah. mark, did curt contact you about the drive on sat?

curt took me by the holiday inn last fri. the parking lot is private, grassy areas for hanging out, nice. pool looks swell. great venue from the outside.

k
jim_hoyland
It was either fly or not attend.Car is a DD
davesclassicvws
I'm going to come up Thursday afternoon. Not far for me just about 4 hours with traffic. What's on the agenda for Thursday night and Friday?
TC 914-8
I saw something about the group taking a Ferry ride then a picnic at Ft Flagger in Pt Townsend on Friday
Dose anyone know if that is still scheduled?
I am 30 min from Pt Townsend and want to meet there and drive back to Issaquah from there .

Tony
roadster fan
I was gonna drive the 914 but now I'm leaning towards flat towing it since the family won't fit in it and I will be bringing the Durango too anyway. I was thinking starting on Thursday and finishing up Friday, but looking at the WCR schedule looks like a late Thursday arrival is better.

So I am still open to a caravan up with the bay area and SoCal folks driving up we just need to decide when we are gonna start.

Jim
P.Rocket
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 22 2008, 06:34 PM) *

Driving the 914 down from Canada to have a refreshment or two Thursday pm. beerchug.gif Cheers!
JRust
I am planning on early friday! My place is available for any so Cal folks heading up. I'm 10 minutes off I5 & have space for a few. I'm in Corvallis about a 5 hour drive from here. driving.gif
greenie
Hey Guys,

The 1st event is the ferry trip & picnic Friday.

This event is planned so people do not have to stay at the hotel on Thursday.
We need to be ready to leave Issaquah for the Edmonds/Kingston ferry about 11:00 am, we want to be in the ferry line by 12:00.
Larry (LS6/914 )will take it from there with all navigation after this.

If people are staying in Issaquah Thursday evening refreshments will be provided. beer3.gif

This allows for people traveling semi-locally(Portland,BC,Eastern WA) to get to Issaquah Friday morning. We can gather everyone and then drive together to the ferry.

We've discussed the contingent coming from further south... somehow you need to get to us by these times, either get here Thursday or be through Portland by 9:00 am Friday.

Rhodyguy (Kevin )has Plan B put together. If necessary, he can navigate folks coming from the south.

If all goes as planned for Friday we will be back from Port Townsend and this first trip by Friday evening in time to beerchug.gif

My cell # is 425-681-5438

Greenie
greenie
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 22 2008, 08:28 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 22 2008, 05:34 PM) *

hmmm, i thought we would start driving up there on thursday, stay overnight somewhere and get there early on friday ...

has that plan changed? because i only got a room for friday night and saturday night ...
idea.gif Andy

Andy,

This is exactly what you need to do. Just make it to Issaquah by 11:00 am Friday and life is good.

Curt
ConeDodger
You guys should be PMing your cell #s to Curt so he can put together a call list. That way if someone has trouble on the way up they can have phone #s to call for help...
davesclassicvws
QUOTE(greenie @ Jun 23 2008, 09:34 AM) *

Hey Guys,

The 1st event is the ferry trip & picnic Friday.

This event is planned so people do not have to stay at the hotel on Thursday.
We need to be ready to leave Issaquah for the Edmonds/Kingston ferry about 11:30 am, we want to be in the ferry line by 12:30.
Larry (LS6/914 )will take it from there with all navigation after this.

If people are staying in Issaquah Thursday evening refreshments will be provided. beer3.gif

This allows for people traveling semi-locally(Portland,BC,Eastern WA) to get to Issaquah Friday morning. We can gather everyone and then drive together to the ferry.

We've discussed the contingent coming from further south... somehow you need to get to us by these times, either get here Thursday or be through Portland by 9:00 am Friday.

Rhodyguy (Kevin )has Plan B put together. If necessary, he can navigate folks coming from the south.

If all goes as planned for Friday we will be back from Port Townsend and this first trip by Friday evening in time to beerchug.gif

Greenie

To get the phone list started my cell number is 360-904-7323
Dave Younger
greenie
for simplicity.

My cell # is 425-681-5438

Greenie
PeeGreen 914
Curt and I went out and met a few of the local guys that aren't on 914world yesterday. It was a nice preview of two cool colours of 914s running around Issaquah. Now just multiply that by 25 and we will be in 914 heaven... I can't wait guys.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 22 2008, 08:32 PM) *

Are you driving Jim?

Jim can only drive within a 40 mile radius of his house. Make that 42 miles. av-943.gif
PeeGreen 914
laugh.gif Well at least he is going to come. 914 or not. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.