Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8mm Plug Wires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wertygrog
Hi,

I've done a search but I couldn't find this nugget of info: I'm wondering whether the 8mm magnecor plug wires fit in the black wire clips on the type 4 tin, or whether they'll only take 7mm wire. I ask because the 8mm stuff seems much easier to find (pelican says "ships in 5 days" for their 7mm electrosports bootyshake.gif ), but apex performance has the 8mm wires for about 30 bucks. But I don't want to go through the hassle of figuring out how to mount the wires if the stock clips won't work....

thanks for your help! smilie_pokal.gif
SLITS
1 silly millimeter .... plastic should spread that much and the rubber can compress.

Most cars I've seen don't have them anyway. Heat makes em brittle and they break.
tango-52
I have the 8mm on mine. You can roll them into the clips, or use a little WD40. But the old clips are brittle and will break even with standard wires.
wertygrog
Thanks guys! Now what do you replace the old clips with? FLAPS item?
tango-52
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Jun 23 2008, 09:01 AM) *

Thanks guys! Now what do you replace the old clips with? FLAPS item?

I didn't bother with replacing the broken ones. It's not like there are a lot of plug wires to keep organized.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.