Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Swap Question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Someone out ther has prolly done this: replace a 1.8L jet with a 2.0 D jet.

I know thebrain, harnesses , headers and muffler are different. Is this a plug-n-play conversion ?

Any pitfalls lurking ?
Gint
Nope. As long as you have all of the FI you're good.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 23 2008, 08:18 PM) *

Nope. As long as you have all of the FI you're good.

Have you done the conversion ?
914Sixer
Get everything you need. It is a direct bolt in. You can even use the heat exchangers and mufflers from the 1.8 on the 2.0.
computers4kids
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 23 2008, 07:58 PM) *

Someone out ther has prolly done this: replace a 1.8L jet with a 2.0 D jet.

I know thebrain, harnesses , headers and muffler are different. Is this a plug-n-play conversion ?

Any pitfalls lurking ?

Can't be done... av-943.gif No really, if you need any help Jim...just ring. My 74 was a 1.8 ljet at one time and upgraded to 2.0 djet. If you have the harness for the 2.0 it really is plug and play. Your entire 1.8 exhaust will switch to the 2.0, unless you have a 2.0 ehaust setup ( exhchangers, muffler hanger, muffler, warm air guides...some heater tin is the same).
Cevan
I am considering the exact same engine swap. Are the relay boards interchangeable? Regarding the engine tin, is everything compatible, but for the two top pieces?
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cevan @ Jun 24 2008, 07:34 AM) *

I am considering the exact same engine swap. Are the relay boards interchangeable? Regarding the engine tin, is everything compatible, but for the two top pieces?

Relay board is the same? I think the harness is what is key? Right... confused24.gif
computers4kids
Relay boards are all the same. Yes, some of the engine tin is interchangeable...I guess if you wanted to move it from the 1.8 to the 2.0. The upper tin is not, unless you want to move the holes for the spark access it does bolt up the same.

jetboy
Do it... and give me your 1.8 for safe keeping after...
rhodyguy
if you switch out the 75' heat exhangers for early version 1.7/1.8 or 2.0 you'll need the 2 lower pieces of sideshift style tin that secure the hes to the case.
jim_hoyland
Thanks for all the inputs. I think I have a handle on this now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.