Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96 mm Ring Source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Anybody know of where I can source 96 mm piston rings? I found one at the Type IV Store but they say for Keith Black pistons. Are these different? Thanks!
sww914
I order mine from Total Seal. I've had 2 sets of Grant rings not seat but the Total Seals work great.
orange914
QUOTE(vesnyder @ Jun 23 2008, 08:35 PM) *

Anybody know of where I can source 96 mm piston rings? I found one at the Type IV Store but they say for Keith Black pistons. Are these different? Thanks!

kb's 1st and 2nd are 2mm thick verse some being 1.5mm 1st and 2mm 2nd. it's been awhile but i think that is acurate info., but check first anyway.

Mark Henry
You need to know the specs. before you order.

Jake should be able to help, Charles (LN Engieering) might help, John at aircooled.net.
Al Meredith
I just got a set from Pelican Parts. Get them quick before they raise the Price.
Jake Raby
Not all pistons are the same. you MUST know the ring land sizes and radial depths for the rings to be properly matched to the pistons.

I prefer the Hastings rings, Total Seal rings never seal for me... The Grant rings are horrible.

What pistons do you have?
vesnyder
I have the P&C set at the machine shop and they measured the rings and said they were both the same at 0.062 in, which is 1.5 mm? All the ring sets I've found are either 2.0 mm top and bottom or 1.5 and 1.75 top and bottom? Are there any sets that are 1.5 mm top and bottom?

I think the P&C's are from China - so anything is possible!
r_towle
Just a thought....
Who did you buy the pistons from?
See if you can find the contact details and get a set of rings from them...

Just a thought.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.