Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NorCal WCR Group
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Here's what I had originally proposed:

Napa CA to Eugene OR on Thurs the 10th (8 hours)
Eugene OR to Issaquah WA on Fri the 11th (4 hours)

Issaquah WA to Medford OR Sun the 13th (7.5 hours)
Medford OR to Napa CA Mon the 14th (5 hours)

We need to be in Issaquah by 11 am on Friday. There will be people at the hotel on Thursday night, so arriving on Thursday would mean more hanging out and no friday morning driving before we go group driving later that day. But that means more time off from work for people, and more hotel $.

So, stick to the plan? Leave a day earlier? Change it up some other way?

Weigh in now! biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 23 2008, 10:23 PM) *

~220 lbs ... rolleyes.gif

well, i already booked the hotel for friday night and saturday night and Amoy only took thursday through monday off work, so i'd prefer to stick to the original plan and stay overnight on route thursday and get up early and get to the hotel friday morning.

if we leave the hotel in Eugene at 5:00 am, that would put us at Issaquah at 9:00 am ...
driving.gif Andy
JRust
I know there was some talk of a BBQ on Thursday in Eugene. My offer of a place to crash still stands. I live in Corvallis though 40 minutes north of Eugene. I will gladly join the caravan north whenever you guys are coming thru. I'm on 2 acres & have room to park. Plenty of floor space & even a few beds.

Looking forward to WCR in a big way smile.gif
rhodyguy
andy, a 4 hour run to issaquah from eugene will require some warp speeds. pland to issaquah takes roughly 4 hours with good taffic. leaving eugene @ 5 is going to put you in the middle of the morning pland commute.
ConeDodger
Barring a miracle I am out... The last straw was yesterday when the dishwasher begain spitting water out the bottom. We were out and when we came home we see water pouring down the West face of the house. I spend 10 minutes trying to figure out if the water pipe that runs along that face is fractured and then Yopu comes out of the house screaming that there is water all over the floor. Sure enough, water an inch deep in the basement and all over the kitchen floor.

I have all kinds of stuff to throw away and some repairs to do. The clean up is going to be all the fun I get to have. mad.gif
mstein95
My offer to host a dinner (BBQ) Thursday still stands. Need to know for sure before I put a grocery list together.

I agree with Kevin - leaving at 5am puts us in Portland at 6:30 right in the middle of the morning commute. Maybe Craig can comment on traffic around then and the better of the two routes (I205 or I5).

rhodyguy
205 def 205!

OUT!? bs. water evaporates. use the sink or paper plates for the time being.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 24 2008, 09:11 AM) *

205 def 205!

Not to hijack but whatever happened, we had to shut off the water to the sink. The hot water just flows into the dishwasher and out the bottom of the door. The cold water does the same but only when we use the water. It is some kind of stuck valve. Yopu may be little but she is one very unhappy wife right now. Her office in the basement had about 1/2" of water on the floor. Everything down there is ruined if it touched the floor. If I come, it will be via SouthWorst Airlines...
rhodyguy
just cap the supply lines for the dishwasher. call a plumber. i'll take all of 15 minutes. homeowner's ins should cover the clean up. handwashing dishes clean the fingernails real nice. you can handle that. a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. personally...i'd lay in a supply of chinet plates.
PRS914-6
I may not be going and won't know until I get closer. I may come up for part or none depending how my time works out. If I come, I would probably drive at night and just haul ass up there with the radar detector on...
PeeGreen 914
Be very careful in Washington Paul. I hope you can make it piratenanner.gif I really want to see your car in person.

You've just got to come Rob. Maybe a nice little trip is what your little lady needs biggrin.gif Tell her there will be a new baby there if that helps. I can get my wife to come out once I think. drunk.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 23 2008, 10:37 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 23 2008, 10:23 PM) *

~220 lbs ... rolleyes.gif

well, i already booked the hotel for friday night and saturday night and Amoy only took thursday through monday off work, so i'd prefer to stick to the original plan and stay overnight on route thursday and get up early and get to the hotel friday morning.

if we leave the hotel in Eugene at 5:00 am, that would put us at Issaquah at 9:00 am ...
driving.gif Andy

If you leave Eugene at 5 AM, that puts you in Portland at 7 AM, and Issaquah would be closer to 10:30-11:00.

When you get to Portland, I-205 is probably a better bet than I-5... it doesn't tend to back up as much as I-5 Northbound in the morning.

You will hit traffic in Tacoma. Right by the Tacoma Dome. They are working on widening I-5 there to like 24 lanes, but it won't help. It's is one of the natural laws of the universe.
6freak
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 24 2008, 09:24 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 24 2008, 09:11 AM) *

205 def 205!

Not to hijack but whatever happened, we had to shut off the water to the sink. The hot water just flows into the dishwasher and out the bottom of the door. The cold water does the same but only when we use the water. It is some kind of stuck valve. Yopu may be little but she is one very unhappy wife right now. Her office in the basement had about 1/2" of water on the floor. Everything down there is ruined if it touched the floor. If I come, it will be via SouthWorst Airlines...

leave the house and your troubles behind!!!trust me they will be there when you get home sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
rhodyguy
the t-town traffic is why they should take 512 (eastbound) to 167 north and 405 to the hotel. they may even miss the group heading out for the ferry terminal. gotta be there by noon. i'd still take the 512/167 route to bypass tacoma all together and head directly to edmonds if they should get slowed down. i'll be avail to be their tour guide if needed.
Lavanaut
whistle[1].gif

Might I suggest the scenic route? It's only an extra 40 miles and takes you through lovely places such as...ohhhh...Bend. drunk.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 24 2008, 02:56 PM) *

whistle[1].gif

Might I suggest the scenic route? It's only an extra 40 miles and takes you through lovely places such as...ohhhh...Bend. drunk.gif

That is just a horrible idea chair.gif Then I would have to drive an extra 2 hours to meet up with them. icon8.gif
dw914er
if i can happen to go, it means i drive for over 12 hours on thursday.

But i want to go so badly. Im still trying to get my dad to go, so then its a bit of a better drive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.