Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tachometer cuts out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jfort
for 914-6. just got tach back from palo alto speedo, which repaired tach after arching coil smoked it. New coil now and car works fine. Tach works correctly up to 4,000 RPMs. Then needle falls back and flutters. Do you think the problem is with the tach or something with the car? palo alto speedo will surely look at it again, but thought i'd query this group first before the hassle of removing and mailing again.
anderssj
QUOTE(jfort @ Jun 24 2008, 12:35 PM) *

for 914-6. just got tach back from palo alto speedo, which repaired tach after arching coil smoked it. New coil now and car works fine. Tach works correctly up to 4,000 RPMs. Then needle falls back and flutters. Do you think the problem is with the tach or something with the car? palo alto speedo will surely look at it again, but thought i'd query this group first before the hassle of removing and mailing again.

Not sure if it applies, but I had a similar problem on my 72 4 cyl--turns out I had the black/violet and red/white wires swapped on the tach terminals. headbang.gif

That said, I'd call PAS before doing anything and see what they say . . . .

Hope this helps,

Steve A-
orange914
QUOTE(jfort @ Jun 24 2008, 01:35 PM) *

does the engine cut out when the tack does. i know my 67 mustang wont run with the factory tach disconected. (possibly tach. completes the curcuit on 914's too)

mike
dw914er
happens on our jeep, but its casue the tac is old, and the car has does bounce around alot (dirt trails, what can i say)

it is probably some connection on the speedo is screwing up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.