Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sot 25 yo tries to fly a 350zx. he failed and died
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
this happened near my house. notorious piece of road. quotes from the local fish wrapper. "...the car was going atleast 100mph." "the car slid sideways, leaving skid marks. it ran over a curb, flew thru the air, and went over a concrete wall then thru a metal fence. "the car's fuel tank was ripped open, and a fire ignited as the car flew thru the air" (mustta looked kool. not in the quote). "the car was airborne for about 85 feet before it landed on it's roof in the clinic's driveway and set the building on fire". "the man (driver) was thrown out of the car and landed on a rock near the clinic".

what is not mentioned is onlookers rushed to the car and tried in vail to pull the passenger from the burning car. they were unsuccessful and he was burned beyond recognition.
NoEcm
Such a tragedy, I’m glad though that no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed.

Seems like a pretty poor choice of roads to try 100 mph on. You would think that by the time you hit age 25, you would have more sense than that.
zymurgist
QUOTE(NoEcm @ Jun 24 2008, 06:45 PM) *

Seems like a pretty poor choice of roads to try 100 mph on. You would think that by the time you hit age 25, you would have more sense than that.

It's been a while since I was 25, and I look back and wonder how I ever survived those years.
carr914
agree.gif I wonder how I got past 25, 35, 45.

T.C.
turboman808
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jun 24 2008, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(NoEcm @ Jun 24 2008, 06:45 PM) *

It's been a while since I was 25, and I look back and wonder how I ever survived those years.

I think we all wonder how we survived. But I still do stupid shit that I probably shouldn't.

Driving down a road with people on it at 100mph though is just plain irresponsible.

dw914er
that sucks. Being young does tempt one to be reckless. But that does carry a high price

question though, what is a 350zx? there is a 300zx, and a 350z (and 240z, 260z, 280, and 280zx)
Cap'n Krusty
It's a typo. What the newspaper reporter meant was "Ex-350Z" The Cap'n
mudfoot76
Save it for the track!! blink.gif

Such a senseless waste of life and property sad.gif
mike souza
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 24 2008, 06:57 PM) *

It's a typo. What the newspaper reporter meant was "Ex-350Z" The Cap'n

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Gary
'kay - this is eerie. If that's the clinic I think it is, I go to church and am friendly acquaintances with the doc who works in that clinic. On canyon, right? Small world. I'll have to check with him.

Damn shame.

+1
championgt1
QUOTE(Gary @ Jun 24 2008, 08:55 PM) *

'kay - this is eerie. If that's the clinic I think it is, I go to church and am friendly acquaintances with the doc who works in that clinic. On canyon, right? Small world. I'll have to check with him.

Damn shame.

Yep. Most likely the same clinic. What's amazing is how far the car actually went through the air. Seeing the accident seen in person is amazing. It seems impossible that a car could go that far through the air. Tragedy for sure but at least no one innocent was killed or injured.
6freak
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 24 2008, 10:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Gary @ Jun 24 2008, 08:55 PM) *

Damn shame.

Yep. Most likely the same clinic. What's amazing is how far the car actually went through the air. Seeing the accident seen in person is amazing. It seems impossible that a car could go that far through the air. Tragedy for sure but at least no one innocent was killed or injured.

Summit view clinic just north of 112th and canyon road ...Darwin award smilie_pokal.gif
rjames
Such a tragedy, I’m glad though that no innocent bystanders were hurt or killed.

agree.gif Seems like the exception rather than the rule.
hydroliftin
And I thought this sort of thing only happened in Fresno.
ConeDodger
When I was about that age, I recall some guys that I went to school with who were in to muscle cars taking a Nova with a 396 down a back road at 100+. There were 4 of them in the car and only 2 survived. They hit the railroad tracks at 100+ and it launched them through the air about 100 feet into a tree that they hit 6' up the trunk. The car snapped in half. The engine was pretty much imbedded in the driver. The rear seat passenger killed the front seat passenger by flying forward and breaking his jaw on the guys skull caving the skull in. That was his brother, by the way... The other rear seat passenger didn't have a scratch and was standing on the side of the road drinking a beer when the police arrived.

It's a wonder any of us survive high school.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.