Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Too much brake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
Considering these, what do you guys think? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that your calipers should cost roughly what you paid for your car, so those might work well. Would I lose my e-brake? laugh.gif

<ahem>

bored today, sorry
jimkelly
even the experts agree - properly fuinctioning stock 914 brake system is enough for non race driving. maybe a good set of porterfield front pads $100.

either way - eric shea can hook you up with what ever you need - see member vendors secton.

scotty914
i run bmw 320i front breaks with a 19 mm master cylinder. it stops on a dime if i need it to, i can lock the front wheels with a little more pressure and modulate them right on the brink of locking easily.

ask anyone at the wcc 05 i ran my car hard on the track and never had a problem with fronts, just my rear pads decided to crumble as we pulled in to the track

btw i know this was a bogus post but i am post whoring it for once
retrofit
QUOTE(scotty914 @ Jun 24 2008, 03:31 PM) *

i run bmw 320i front breaks with a 19 mm master cylinder. it stops on a dime if i need it to, i can lock the front wheels with a little more pressure and modulate them right on the brink of locking easily.

ask anyone at the wcc 05 i ran my car hard on the track and never had a problem with fronts, just my rear pads decided to crumble as we pulled in to the track

btw i know this was a bogus post but i am post whoring it for once

Aha, someone who is running 320i front brakes.
Are you using a stock or aftermarket proportioning valve, a tee, or nothing???
Would like to talk to you about your set-up.
TIA
Retrofit
Lavanaut
Sorry guys but you can't julienne potatoes on 320i calipers. Not highly finned enough.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jun 24 2008, 02:13 PM) *

Considering these, what do you guys think? I thought I remembered reading somewhere that your calipers should cost roughly what you paid for your car, so those might work well. Would I lose my e-brake? laugh.gif

<ahem>

bored today, sorry

Are they 3" or 3.5"?
Cap'n Krusty
Wonder if Penske knows where they went ....................................? The Cap'n
davep
Maybe that is why they are surfacing now?
RJMII
You realize that you'll have to get larger rotors and wheels to go with, right?

I guess we know how much you're thinking about asking for your car when it goes up for sale... happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.