Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where's all the V8 peeps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Seemed like for awhile we had a nice strong V8 crowd. Wha' Happened???

IPB Image
IPB Image
Chris Hamilton
gas prices happened.... sad.gif
JRust
I'm here! Heck I even got to drive my car last week aktion035.gif
Gint
I'm still toying with the idea... idea.gif It could happen in my garage someday.
Andyrew
Driving my 32MPG Audi.... and kicking ass at PCA autox's (in the Audi)... smile.gif

914 is still there... under some stuff..
rick 918-S
assimilate.gif Mine has been assimilated alien.gif
germanv82000
Still got mine, still drive it locally because it is fun and because it gets better gas mileage than my V6 Mazda pickup. Guess I will just suck it up and pay the oil nazis and continue to have fun. Probably as much fun to improve and add things to the car as it is to drive it. I have lots of free time on my hands, kids gone and employed, me retired.
RJMII
mine is missing a couple of cylinders. It's okay, though. I'll make up for it somehow. happy11.gif
byndbad914
I think the Suby thing sorta happened biggrin.gif as even with sand rails and so forth many guys are using turbo'd Scooby-Doos.

Much like your picture, I am toying with the idea of twin-turboing my car since moving to the "mile-high" area. I build the engine for my buddy here in CO that he twin turbo'd and so I am thinking we could pull it off no problem. I am just looking to get my 100HP back I lost moving from CA laugh.gif so a couple low-pressure turbos for quick spooling and so forth might be the ticket.
jimkelly
just got back from a short drive around the hood to test my front brakes - still won't lock up - - fans are probabaly still blowing : )
turboman808
Can't see much point in doing a V8 conversion unless you want something over 600hp.

Most times I see a V8 conversion they just lumped some peice of crap out of the junk yard into it. Always a few exceptions but not manny.

But if your gonna stick that V8 in the picture in your car I say go for it.

I personally would like to build a car with a rousch 402IR. Beautiful motor.
cobra94563
Still here... Car (more or less) on the road now. Suspension tuning, cosmetic stuff...The hard stuff is done, so questions or need for help. I'm not scanning for parts every day. i got my life back! driving.gif
I think others are on the later phases of their projects, too.
(But I know one guy r~6 mo's into a conversion; hes's just not on the board much.)
welder.gif
cobra94563
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Jun 25 2008, 04:05 PM) *

Can't see much point in doing a V8 conversion unless you want something over 600hp.

IMO, the point simply is... people that choose to do a V8 conversion, don't see the point in doing a 6 conversion or trying to get more out of the four. av-943.gif

jmmotorsports
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 24 2008, 10:32 PM) *

Seemed like for awhile we had a nice strong V8 crowd. Wha' Happened???

I still have mine,still lots of fun to drive. Going to replace the 350 with an LS1 later this year.

Jerry
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Jun 25 2008, 04:38 PM) *

IMO, the point simply is... people that choose to do a V8 conversion, don't see the point in doing a 6 conversion or trying to get more out of the four. av-943.gif

Not just 400 horses and 400 ft. lbs of torque. .... 400 streetable horses. Usable torque across the entire RPM band. Not just above 4K.

I drive Bebe to work every day.
She puts a smile on my ugly mug every morning and every night. Save a ton of cash on therapy. Freakin' ROCKS!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.