Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats the story behind this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-RESERVE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I KNOW someone knows something about this car. I must admit I've seen it come and go at least 2 or 3 times in the past year...., which makes me nervous.

The seller has a feedback rating of "1"..... makes me nervous.

It's obviously a 75%track / 25%street car..... but ironically enough, I really like what they've done with it. Plus, I see lots of $$$ that was put into this thing, even if all of it isn't immediately visible.

And the price...... based on the description...... is quite reasonable.

I'm skeptical about the structural integrity of the rear flares.... cant see them really well...... but still...... the car grabs my attention every time I see it.

Anyone seen/drove it personally? Am I missing something? I now the purists hate it, but I have to admit, I love it.

Anyone have the REAL story behind this car???
kerensky
QUOTE(ninefourteener @ Jun 24 2008, 09:58 PM) *
I KNOW someone knows something about this car.
Well, that someone ain't me, but those rear flares look pretty flimsy to me. Other than that, it isn't my style, but it's still cool. smile.gif
sww914
Those quarter panels are as lumpy as a sack of potatos!
dw914er
is it me, or does the closeup of the wheel show major orangepeel in the paintjob of the quarter panel?

probably a good 10 footer (but it is built for race so doesnt matter)
bryanc
The quarter panels look like sheridan items. They need support from behind, otherwise they flop around. You can make out a DeZeus fastener on the front of the panel, I assume the color of the car masks the rest.
rhodyguy
what's the story with the handle and cable on the shift lever. respray...don't worry about the rust in the f trunk or cleaning up the engine compartment. pretty dirty looking engine with only 500 mi on a "mild refreshening". i'd spend my $10k elsewhere.
6freak
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 25 2008, 07:32 AM) *

what's the story with the handle and cable on the shift lever. respray...don't worry about the rust in the f trunk or cleaning up the engine compartment. pretty dirty looking engine with only 500 mi on a "mild refreshening". i'd spend my $10k elsewhere.

So how do you say pile of stromberg.gif in german barf.gif icon8.gif
kerensky
QUOTE(6freak @ Jun 25 2008, 06:42 AM) *
So how do you say pile of stromberg.gif in german barf.gif icon8.gif

scheissenstapel?
JmuRiz
Not to mention the grenade of a motor with those 103mm steel cyls.
URY914
The trigger on the gearshift is for the machine guns.
jsayre914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jun 25 2008, 02:15 PM) *

6freak
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 25 2008, 01:06 PM) *

I thought it was for dump`n oil ..O wait it a 914 it leaks enough you dont need to dump it av-943.gif
ninefourteener
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 25 2008, 12:06 PM) *

LOL..... I think that is the 1st and reverse lockout
Eric_Shea
They won't let that in Utah! ohmy.gif
Root_Werks
I'm at work (Can't go to e-Bay), would someone be so kind to post some pictures of this bad-boy. blink.gif
GeorgeRud
I always worry when you get the old ""car is for sale locally and seller can end auction early", as it often can be that the guy is just searching to see what kind of price he can get for it, and he's not actually selling it.
ninefourteener
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 25 2008, 02:15 PM) *

They won't let that in Utah! ohmy.gif

Just curious.... why??? I don't know the laws here.

We registered my wife's Tribeca here... but I kept the WRX registered in IL, due to the lack of catalytic converters, and the infrequency of inspections.

What Utah laws would effect the next 914 I buy???? I "can" register it in IL as well (as a show car only, like my last non-emissions passing 914)... but it's a hassle.
Cap'n Krusty
The guy wielding the ugly stick must have a REALLY sore arm .................

The Cap'n
ChrisFoley
It looks like Powertech is selling the car. They are a reputable Porsche shop in New Jersey. I am familiar with the owner who has a very fast 914-6 PCA race car.
The flares look like they are from Aircooled Racing in PA.
It would be easy to make those panels blend into the rockers so the appearance was more "normal".
Cupomeat
I took a look at it when I was waiting at Powertech a few weeks ago and someone has put a good deal of money into it so the price does not seem that far off.

The engine was grubbier than I expected, but the rest was not bad for a track car.

Powertech has a good reputation with the NNJR guys and have some serious 914teeners in the shop so I can't imagine them cutting corners.

Other than the rear quarter job, which is not my taste, I thought it was a pretty solid car.

I do believe that lexan windshields are not legal in NJ, so that would have to go before it became streetable again.

Eric
i love porsche
powertech is full of some really great guys and they do nice work, i autocross with them. and the blue 777 they built is a freaking work of art!

im sure that giving them a call would sort out any questions about the car, they know 914s very well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.