Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Year to Year Changes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blueILLUSION97
Hello,
Im a new member here, and while im not a 914 driver i do love them, I drive 986. Im doing some reseach about 914 and i would be glad if someone could give me some info. I need to find out about the changes that were made year to year of 914 production. What engines are out there. And what year would make most sence to buy? thanx
TheCabinetmaker
Look in the faq section at the top of the page.

Do you mean 968?
SirAndy
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 25 2008, 02:48 PM) *

Do you mean 968?

Porsche 986, also known as "Boxster" ... shades.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Boxster
AZ914
I think vsg914 meant the '914 Info' tab, not the FAQ. There are engine sizes, production info, etc.

The most desirable are the 914-6s.
As for the 4-cyls, most think the 1973 914 2.0 is the most desirable (largest displacement, most options), followed by the 1974 2.0. After that, it becomes fuzzy. Depends on what you are looking for.
blueILLUSION97
Thank you there is some good info in that tab. And i drive 986 as in boxster 2.5 . I will do some more looking around and start searching for a 914 with my friend to buy for him.
dw914er
also check the originality section of 914world
TheCabinetmaker
Thanks Andy, i did not know the # designation of the boxter. I gave up when they changed the 911 to 99something.

Yes, i did mean the 914 info tab. My bad. Looks like I'm 0 for 2 on this thread. Maybe I better take remedial reading?
AZ914
BlueIllusion... I see you are from So Cal.. lots of nice samples out there. Also, if you find something, take lots of pictures and ask here about it. There are a lot of knowledgable people that can help to make sure you are getting something solid.
McMark
Book a flight to Seattle's WCR now! thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.