Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McMinnville Swap Meet Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Todd Enlund
McMinnville, Oregon.

Anybody going?
Root_Werks
Ah Oregon, was just there last week. Grants Pass. Not sure if I am up for another drive that long. idea.gif It would be in the teener though. driving.gif
andys
Is this a worth while swap meet? My brother lives in Sheridan.

Andys
Todd Enlund
I've never been before... wasn't a Porsche owner in the past biggrin.gif

It's fairly local for me, so I plan on going.
PeeGreen 914
Hey Todd

Can you look for something for me? biggrin.gif

Need the part of the wiring harness that plus into the early 911 column and ignition swtch so I can splice it with my harness. The column didn't come with that.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 27 2008, 04:12 PM) *

Hey Todd

Can you look for something for me? biggrin.gif

Need the part of the wiring harness that plus into the early 911 column and ignition swtch so I can splice it with my harness. The column didn't come with that.

I'll look... can you post a pic of the plug that it mates to, so I have an idea what to look for?
PeeGreen 914
Yeah... I will when my wife gets home. Thanks Todd.
rhodyguy
went 1 time. got to look at a bunch of old vw crap. very little 914 stuff and what was there was priced like it was golden. the swap @ Sunset is much better.

k
Todd Enlund
If it turns out to be crap, I'll just keep driving to the beach. It's going to be too hot to stay at home...
JRust
Last year it rained the whole time! It basically blew because of that. Overall it is a cool event. The campout is always cool with some very nice older Porsche's along with some nice Vdubs. I might go if someone else is going to do a booth. Not sure I want to put stuff together for it or not. Might be a good chance to get rid of my roller? Or maybe my 74 2.0 with a/c project? Is Craig coming? Might just be worth going but it will be a busy day. I've got to drive to Astoria that afternoon. If I go & bail by 1 I can do it. I've got some thinkin to do idea.gif
JRust
So is anyone going? I think I will run up there Todd. What time are you shooting to be there? Kind of doubt I am going to haul stuff up there but who knows blink.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 28 2008, 02:50 PM) *

So is anyone going? I think I will run up there Todd. What time are you shooting to be there? Kind of doubt I am going to haul stuff up there but who knows blink.gif

I'm hoping to get there fairly early, but it will all depend upon when I can get the wife motivated... I'd like to shoot for 9:00, but I'd put money on 10:00.

I'll dig through my t-shirts to find a distinctive one, and let you know what it is biggrin.gif
scotty
QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 27 2008, 09:38 PM) *

Last year it rained the whole time!

Not a problem this year...a real scorcher (temp-wise).
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(scotty @ Jun 28 2008, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 27 2008, 09:38 PM) *

Last year it rained the whole time!

Not a problem this year...a real scorcher (temp-wise).

It's a hundred and frigging four degrees!
boxstr
Trying to get over a Sinus infection, I will not be going this year. Have fun and say hello to Gary. Be sure to look through the bins of parts in Garys building, you can find some real treasures.
CCLINSUDAFEDHEAVEN
morph
i was wondering why you wasnt there craig
a few pics of the die hard trader & car.
i got alot of free stuff a few sway bars.
was looking for some spare wheels
james
morph
jamie
JRust
Just got home! Man it was flippin hot. I am wiped & it's only 1pm. I'm going to take a nap.

I didn't sell but a few things. Saw a few guy there & got a pretty warm reception & alot of compliments on my car. That is always nice especialy coming from 356-911 guys with very very nice cars! I forgot to take my camera as usual. There were some sweet cars there.

My car only did so so. On the drive back it started cutting out/missing at low rpms. Seems like it was starved for fuel. IT would sit there a miss then throw me back in the seat when it caught. I'll screw with it later though. I'm gonna crash
Todd Enlund
My computer has been hosed since last weekend...

I got to the swap meet about 9:30. Saw a guy selling a really nice Signal Orange '73 2.0... I think he was asking $9250, which seemed like a good price for the car. There was a VW Type 34 parked next to it, which may have been his. Saw a Signal Orange factory 914-6 with GT Flares, Sport Seats and WA plates. Turned around and it was gone.

I was fairly underwhelmed at the swap meet. Someone had a few 914 parts, and another guy had a 1.7 case, but that was all I saw. Not much 911 or 356 stuff either. Mostly VW. I bought a 17mm allen key for $5. A guy had a box of 2.0 tins for $100, which caught my interest, but I might be getting another engine soon that has tins.

Jon, no 911 steering column harness.

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 29 2008, 01:17 PM) *

Just got home! Man it was flippin hot.

We pushed onwards to Lincoln City and froze our butts off on the beach biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
Thanks for looking Todd. I really appreciate it. See you next week.
JRust
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 3 2008, 06:08 PM) *

My computer has been hosed since last weekend...

I got to the swap meet about 9:30. Saw a guy selling a really nice Signal Orange '73 2.0... I think he was asking $9250, which seemed like a good price for the car. There was a VW Type 34 parked next to it, which may have been his. Saw a Signal Orange factory 914-6 with GT Flares, Sport Seats and WA plates. Turned around and it was gone.

I was fairly underwhelmed at the swap meet. Someone had a few 914 parts, and another guy had a 1.7 case, but that was all I saw. Not much 911 or 356 stuff either. Mostly VW. I bought a 17mm allen key for $5. A guy had a box of 2.0 tins for $100, which caught my interest, but I might be getting another engine soon that has tins.

Jon, no 911 steering column harness.

QUOTE(JRust @ Jun 29 2008, 01:17 PM) *

Just got home! Man it was flippin hot.

We pushed onwards to Lincoln City and froze our butts off on the beach biggrin.gif

Dude I was there with my 914 & just the couple parts. How did I not get to talk to you? I was there till close to 1 confused24.gif
rhodyguy
i told you guys it was slim pickings. you should have offered $80 for the box of tin. you KNOW he didn't want to load it back up and unload it again.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 3 2008, 11:42 PM) *

Dude I was there with my 914 & just the couple parts. How did I not get to talk to you? I was there till close to 1 confused24.gif

Was that your red car with the mismatched wheels? I didn't see anyone by it when I was there. Plus, I was thinking your car was black... the Cobra in your avatar confusticated me.
JRust
It is ORANGE dry.gif ! It is the one in the pics above. You must have come when I went to get lunch. I wasn't gone for long though. I am the bald chubby dude in the pic above from Morph
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 4 2008, 03:35 PM) *

It is ORANGE dry.gif ! It is the one in the pics above. You must have come when I went to get lunch. I wasn't gone for long though. I am the bald chubby dude in the pic above from Morph

My bad... I thought it was Phoenix Red biggrin.gif is it a non-factory color? It looks redder than my Tangerine car, and Tangerine look red compared to Signal Orange.

I was the guy driving my grandson around in his Radio Flyer car.

I'll look for you in Seattle...
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Jul 4 2008, 06:21 PM) *

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 4 2008, 03:35 PM) *

My bad... I thought it was Phoenix Red biggrin.gif is it a non-factory color? It looks redder than my Tangerine car, and Tangerine look red compared to Signal Orange.

I was the guy driving my grandson around in his Radio Flyer car.

I'll look for you in Seattle...

My car is Phoenix red... It really looks orange but in dark light it looks red... I love the color.
JRust
I'll have to compare my car to yours Jon. It could be phoenix red I guess. Loks like an Orange to me. I don't know if it is a stock color or just some random Orange they decided to use confused24.gif
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 4 2008, 07:09 PM) *

My car is Phoenix red... It really looks orange but in dark light it looks red... I love the color.

I haven't seen your car yet either biggrin.gif BTW, am I still on for shotgun for the WCR? I can drive my wife's Mazda3, but photos would be easier if I had a driver...

Either way, bring your camera... I've got some glass you can play with. You can play with my D2X too...
PeeGreen 914
You're still on wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.