Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: since most of you shouldn't have one!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
Two weeks ago, I saw an early hood crest go for about $165 on eBay. So, I though, "I have one in storage from my 911E - not perfect, but maybe I can get 50 bucks for it".

Got almost $135 for it!

What gives?

Still have 2 more, and they're nicer!
Pat
jim_hoyland
Pat, I thought you would like this... av-943.gif
Pat Garvey
Jim,

You made a horriblr day good!

I'd ask where I could find one of those but I'm afraid I would. Then, I'd have to decide whether it was worth drilling holes to mount it, and you guys know how i hate to drill holes.

I love it!

Where did you photo it?
Pat

ps: For those who are unaware, my intials are PIG. All through grade school & high schoool I was grunted at, egg shells thrown at, etc. People have referred to me as PIG for many years - grew to like it. Starting to like the new avatar as well. May keep it.
watsonrx13
Pat, are you talking about one of these?

Click to view attachment

-- Rob
jim_hoyland
Glad you could appreciate the ornament. I saw this car at the 2006 GAF German Auto Festival) in Venturea The event is held each year at the Ventura fairgrounds. There has been a heavy 914 turn out each year; many not-seen-before 914;s appear -like this one. I forgot the history, but there was an pho ablbum of the cars history going back to euro racing.

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 27 2008, 07:44 PM) *

Jim,

I'd ask where I could find one of those but I'm afraid I would. Then, I'd have to decide whether it was worth drilling holes to mount it, and you guys know how i hate to drill holes.

I love it!

Where did you photo it?
Pat

ps: For those who are unaware, my intials are PIG. All through grade school & high schoool I was grunted at, egg shells thrown at, etc. People have referred to me as PIG for many years - grew to like it. Starting to like the new avatar as well. May keep it.

championgt1
From what I understand the hood crests that are readily available today have red in them. The old ones are more of an orange and these are not available anymore. :confused
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 28 2008, 12:34 PM) *

Pat, I thought you would like this... av-943.gif

I SO need one of those...

A wild boar is an Eber in German, and an Eberle is a baby boar!
Cap'n Krusty

Jim,

I love it!

Where did you photo it?
Pat

Come on Pat, You'd LOVE it. Months of internet discussions on the appropriateness of the pig, months of Q&A over the location of the holes, whether you should use a spare hood, whether the pig is an original or a repro, whether they were factory or dealer installed, the possibilities are endless! I say, go for it! We need a bit of liveliness around here ..........

The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 28 2008, 09:52 AM) *

Jim,

I love it!

Where did you photo it?
Pat

Come on Pat, You'd LOVE it. Months of internet discussions on the appropriateness of the pig, months of Q&A over the location of the holes, whether you should use a spare hood, whether the pig is an original or a repro, whether they were factory or dealer installed, the possibilities are endless! I say, go for it! We need a bit of liveliness around here ..........

The Cap'n

Krusty One - ain't gpoing tp happen here! It's tacky! And it means drilling holes where hol;es shouldn't be. Nope, nice try.
Pat
Rav914
The early 911 crowd pays big for these. The orange is a solid orange-red color and you can't see through it. $135 is low. I saw one on the Early 911S Registry go for 2X+ that amount. It's a tulip. confused24.gif

Rob, sorry that's not one of them; that's a newer badge.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Rav914 @ Jul 19 2008, 10:20 PM) *

The early 911 crowd pays big for these. The orange is a solid orange-red color and you can't see through it. $135 is low. I saw one on the Early 911S Registry go for 2X+ that amount. It's a tulip. confused24.gif

Rob, sorry that's not one of them; that's a newer badge.

Yeh, the one I sold was an "orange stripe". But it had a small chip, so I'm happy!
Pat
TJB/914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jun 27 2008, 06:44 PM) *

Jim,

I love it!

Where did you photo it?
Pat

Hi Mr. PIG, I mean Pat av-943.gif

How about an update on your eye issues??

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.