Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay, What's the deal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
montoya 73 2.0
It won't idle after it warms up and won't start immediatley either. I have to wait a little while and it will start. When it does start, if I give it gas it wants to die. Help me please. It had been on jackstands for the last 3 years and I finally got it going again and now this. WTF.gif
orange914
does it feel flooded or oil have gas in it? check the cold start valve for leakage. maybe aux. valve or cracked old vacuum lnes leaking

mike
montoya 73 2.0
i'll check the cold start valve. not flooded, vacuum lines new, need to check the gas in the oil thing. what do i do if there is gas in the oil?
orange914
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 27 2008, 09:10 PM) *

i'll check the cold start valve. not flooded, vacuum lines new, need to check the gas in the oil thing. what do i do if there is gas in the oil?

i've heard of them leaking badly if bad enough it'll wash down your oil. check level/smell.
championgt1
If it has been sitting for 3 years replace the fuel filter, drain the tank, and put new gas in. You might have a clogged fuel filter or clogged fuel sock in the tank.
scotty914
how about the cht. my 1.8 did that too. try starting it then grounding the sensor line. it will run leaner when grounded but it will run.

edit some times they just get loose when the head warms, try snuging it down before you replace if grounding it works
montoya 73 2.0
there is a slight smell of gas on the dipstick. do i just drain and refill or is this a bigger problem? What's a cht?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 28 2008, 10:16 AM) *

there is a slight smell of gas on the dipstick. do i just drain and refill or is this a bigger problem? What's a cht?

I found out what a cht is. will check after going to in-laws. thanks for your input & help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.