Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT-FS Barn Find 1966 912 with original rust!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hi All,

Ok, not a barn find, but in my travels today I ran accross this 1966 912 rust bucket someone might be interested in. I have no interest in this project/parts car, just passing it on.

Here's what I know,
The owner Buck @ Automotive Werks in Kalamazoo, MI is closing his shop due to a divorse & selling out. He was thinking he wanted $1,000.00 for the car but will take $800 or ?? to get it out of the yard because the building is sold. He needs it out ASAP.

1966 912 vin # 456019 of (3630) built in 1966.
5-speed, valid title, lots of original rust, etc. see photo's
Buck's cell phone# (269) 341-0930

Tom

TJB/914
Page #2 wacko.gif w00t.gif

T
Rusty
I was in Kalamazoo less than two weeks ago. sad.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Rusty @ Jun 27 2008, 08:09 PM) *

I was in Kalamazoo less than two weeks ago. sad.gif

Hey Rusty,

I have a nose for finding this stuff. I just don't need a project.
I also found out about a 3.0 liter SC euro motor sitting in a guys garage for the last 10-years. Now, what do I want this for headbang.gif I don't want it happy11.gif .

T
cooltimes
5 bolt wheels should be worth that asking price. Looks more restorable than some 914's I have seen too.

Cooltimes
Rusty
I need my nose recalibrated... lol2.gif
euro911
Oh, come on now ... that'll buff out laugh.gif

The engine is worth more than the asking price idea.gif
cooltimes
oops.
same post I did earlier.

Cooltimes
TJB/914
Attn: Parts experts??

I had a couple of questions come up from an interested party who may be interested. I don't know the answer & wondering if anyone knows on this forum??

Can the engine & transmission be used in a 356??

Can the horn ring be used on a 914 steering wheel??

Will the steering wheel fit a 914??

T

euro911
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 28 2008, 11:01 AM) *
Attn: Parts experts??

I had a couple of questions come up from an interested party who may be interested. I don't know the answer & wondering if anyone knows on this forum??

Can the engine & transmission be used in a 356??
Engine - Yes (it IS a 356 motor, basically) ... Transaxle - No - but good for spare parts for a 914 (901) transaxle

Can the horn ring be used on a 914 steering wheel??
Yes - and that one looks to be in really nice condition

Will the steering wheel fit a 914??
Yes

T
r_towle
Motor can be used in a 356, but it has a different third piece on the case.
There are replacement third piece cases out there, so it can be made to look correct.

Its basically the 356 SC architectecture, so its the fastest and most HP out the motor...its a nice revving motor.

The tranny can be made to fit into a 356, but its a BIG project.
the 356 is a solid axle setup, the 912 is an independant setup...a bit of work will get it to fit...I am doing it.

Steering wheel looks like the early 911/912 which is the same as the 914 and can be cleaned up and sold to an eager buyer..

Overall, its a great deal if someone wants to part it out.
If it was closer, I would be there in a heartbeat with a trailer...
I love the 912 and depending upon overall level of rust, I would probably weld it back together...

Rich
euro911
[quote name='r_towle' date='Jun 29 2008, 08:46 AM' post='1050578']

The tranny can be made to fit into a 356, but its a BIG project.
the 356 is a solid axle setup, the 912 is an independant setup...a bit of work will get it to fit...I am doing it.

I was answering 'NO' as if someone was asking "can I just bolt this tranny in and go?" ... its more work than a lot of folks would care to tackle.

Rich - post some pix of your conversion

Steering wheel looks like the early 911/912 which is the same as the 914 and can be cleaned up and sold to an eager buyer..

HEY! mad.gif I was eyeballin' that primo horn button laugh.gif

... If it was closer, I would be there in a heartbeat with a trailer...

Yeah, me too ... but I don't think my wife would be real happy if I brought another stray home shades.gif
KaptKaos
If you were out here, I'd have the cash in your hand.

I'd love that car, but shipping it to cali would be prohibitive (to me).
Dr Evil
Dang, if that was local I would own it. It looks salvageable. sad.gif
fitsbain
Mike -

Want to pay gas and I'll go get it for ya?
tdgray
Anybody know if it is still available... I might be interested.
Root_Werks
I know some 356 guys that have paid bucks for good engine cases. They are getting harder to find. It looks worth restoring to me.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(fitsbain @ Jun 30 2008, 11:33 AM) *

Mike -

Want to pay gas and I'll go get it for ya?

If it is still available and you can get it I'll take it thumb3d.gif
Dr Evil
Just called, its sold sad2.gif
euro911
Yeah, sorry guys, I couldn't resist - had it shipped out here yesterday, cleaned it all up and I'm driving it now rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif
TJB/914
Hey Mark, you are funny. av-943.gif

I talked to Buck & the 912 is being picked up tomorrow by a 356 guy in mid-Michigan. Buck received a deluge of calls & thanked me for my help. Buck told me he will soon go into his attic/rafters and pull out parts that's been in storage many years to sell. I know he has a 2.7 liter engine & I'll probably hear from him when he has things sorted out.

Dr. Evil!!!!!
Here's a secrete message for your ears only. Call George Hussey @ AA & ask him about the "Blue Mary's Car" . I gave him a lead on this beauty a while ago & when I went by the boarded up bldg, the door was still sealed. I am thinking George didn't move on the deal. It's a real one owner 34K milage 914, rust free. Here's a peak at the car (photo). stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif w00t.gif

Tom
TJB/914
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 30 2008, 10:58 AM) *

Hey Mark, you are funny. av-943.gif

I talked to Buck & the 912 is being picked up tomorrow by a 356 guy in mid-Michigan. Buck received a deluge of calls & thanked me for my help. Buck told me he will soon go into his attic/rafters and pull out parts that's been in storage many years to sell. I know he has a 2.7 liter engine & I'll probably hear from him when he has things sorted out.

Dr. Evil!!!!!
Here's a secrete message for your ears only. Call George Hussey @ AA & ask him about the "Blue Mary's Car" . I gave him a lead on this beauty a while ago & when I went by the boarded up bldg, the door was still sealed. I am thinking George didn't move on the deal. It's a real one owner 34K milage 914, rust free. Here's a peak at the car (photo). stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif stirthepot.gif w00t.gif

Tom

Calling Dr. Evil, did you get my secrete no rust message???

Call George ASAP laugh.gif Did he buy it or is it still available?? unsure.gif

T
Dr Evil
Dang, I cant move on any thing until this weekend. I am studying (really, I am) for 3 tests this week dry.gif

PM me any info you have and I will call George when I get a chance.
carr914
Mike I know George is at Parade. If you need I can get a message to him through Steve Gaglione.

T.C.

Dr Evil
That would be cool, TC. Thanks!
bd1308
I would kill for a 912 to drive around.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Jul 1 2008, 06:33 AM) *

I would kill for a 912 to drive around.

Then you haven't ever driven one. dry.gif
carr914
Dr Evil, I just talked to George and you have a pm from me.

T.C.
Dr Evil
The blue car sold last week sad.gif Dang, missing left and right. Gotta keep trying, though.

It was nice talking to you, Tom smile.gif
carr914
Damn Mike, I just heard Maxwel Smart say it again...You missed it by this much

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.