Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: paint-safe solvent/degreaser?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
A previous owner coated much of the front trunk of my teener with what appears to be some sort of black undercoating. I originally thought it was POR-15 and was just going to leave it alone, but then noticed that it is soft and can be scraped off with my fingernail (not easily, but it's pretty soft). The paint underneath that I've exposed so far looks fine, so I'd like to get this crud off without doing any/too much damage to the paint.

While at the local PCA concours a couple weeks ago one of the other guys said to get Wurth citrus degreaser. I've seen a couple slightly different products online, one says "Wurth Red Line", the other just says "Wurth". Also, they seem to only come in rattle can form and don't say anything about being safe for painted surfaces. I was hoping for something I could brush on. Any experience with this product or any other "environmentally friendly" degreaser?

Thx,

Skip Montanaro

r_towle
Kerosene.
ITs probably zbart rust proofing...it never hardens..
Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.