Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: horn wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
have been trying to fix my horn, after 10 tries i think i damaged the wire that goes thru the steering column. i used to be able to touch it to the nut that holds the steering wheel on and it would work. no more. the wipers are fine so i am asuming it ain't the fuse. whats the best way to change the wire?
r_towle
Check it with a meter...see if its broken or pulled out of the plug connector at the base of the column...

rich
Cap'n Krusty
There is no "connector at the base of the column", IIRC. What isn't in the wheel is in the switchgear. The Cap'n
r_towle
There are three connectors from what I recall when taking these things apart.
If I used a word that may be incorrect, my apologise, but Damn there are three connectors, three plugs, just under the lower kneepad that connect all the electrics to the steering wheel, ignition switch, horn, blinkers, high beam/low beam etc.

So my statement "the connectors at the base of the steering column" is correct. it does not need to be disputed.

While you have been tugging and pulling, you may have dislodged the wire from the connector/plug that feeds the horn wire..

So, check it with a meter to make sure its still connected.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.