Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brass shift rod bushings - Where to get them ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
amallagh
Does any one know where to get brass shift rod bushings for a '73-'76 car and how much are they ? (i.e. Shift rod firewall bushing, Transmission console bushing & Coupler bushing set(2))

Is there an effective uprated verison of the ball cup bushing or is it better just to stick with the standard one ?

Many thanks
Krieger
Patrick Motorsports in Arizona has the best bronze bushing that goes through the side shift trans console-for the shift rod. Its very tight, and much better than another bronze one I had or OEM plastic. $35
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif Patrick has good products for this.

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/595/

http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/592/
Cap'n Krusty
hwgunner has 'em, and he's one of us. Bought out GPR's stock. IIRC, Dave was the original source, and they're the best I've seen. Just don't install it backwards. Get one of those, you have a little bit of Dave riding with you ........................... The Cap'n
hwgunner
I have them. $15.00 for shipping Priority to England. Anything else you need no extra shipping as long as i have it, it fits in the envelope and it wont brake.

jonathan
PeeGreen 914
I wish I had known that Jonathan... would have bought from you headbang.gif
Rav914
Jonathan, are tailshifter bushings different? Do you have any of those?
r_towle
The only "stock" brass/bronze bushing is the shifter console bushing currently, and the rest are nylon replacements.

I made a whole set out of brass/bronze to include the firewall, shifter console, and ball cup.

Also the shifter u-joint can only be purchased as delrin/nylon.

If you have the inclination, find a machine shop and give him all the measurements to make up a set for yourself.
I actually made two sets...just in case I need them.

JWest Engineering makes a pretty decent shifter rod replacement solution that includes a few new bushings, rod, etc etc.
Look it up in the member vendor forum here.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.