Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new tranny going in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rufio0205
while i am replacing the transmission with a rebuilt unit from dr evil...can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive clutch, lightweight flyweel, throwout bearing, and pressure plate...
who has a decent kit?

btw...this isn't a race car...just a DD. so nothing too fancy
r_towle
well, the clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing are all normal stock. You can order them from your local parts store.

The flywheel is another thing.
I am sure you can get a new one, but be prepared to spend some serious money...
The lightened flywheel is not stock, so you need to shop around used.
I have one, I think, on the shelf if you are really looking for a lightened one.

Rich
sww914
I think there are some chinese flywheels on ebay. I'd probably use one.
Not very much about these cars is cheap anymore except for fuel filters and F wheel bearings.
Dr Evil
I have some good used pressure plates and throwout bearings if you need. I may even have some good used clutch disks and a fly wheel. You can get the fly wheels resurfaced a little. You will need new bolts for it to the crank, too. Why do you think you need a new fly wheel?
rufio0205
i dont know for sure. but i'd like to have options before i take it to the shop i'm having do the work and get a marked up flywheel when they say mine is crap when i could get one to my satisfaction without a mark up...options never hurt...right?
Dr Evil
Ah, preventative. I see. Kinda spendy, though. Getting it turned is not expensive, but you need to have the outer lip turned as well. Then you must space the throwout bearing arm pivot ball out with a washer. More on this if you need it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.