Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Time for a Seattle 914 Breakfast?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Bleyseng
I was wondering if there was any interest for a 'nother Seattle 914 Breakfast at a place to be decided.
I am getting hungry for a greasy eggs, hashbrowns, and toast plus some good coffee and some update conversation on peoples cars, the winter projects etc.

Open for what weekend?
Where to meet?
Kevin can bring lots of stickers to sell!

Geoff

chowtime.gif
Neal
Count me in, is there a place a little bigger than Alki ? possibly a Shari's or something.

Neal
mseiferth
Hi guys, Newbie alert... blink.gif

You have met my friends "Eddie K" and "914to6" (Walt S).

I'm the third link to the 914/6 triangle. All three of us are BMW 5 series owners (E28 chassis 1982-1988) that have enjoyed tracking our cars for the past few years.

The decision was made this year (when Eddie found the perfect car) to purchase a dedicated car for the ’04 track season. This car will be a group learning effort, as none of us have ever owned a “P” car before. I can already tell that it is going to be a blast on the track…

I’m having a get-together this Sat. at my place in Gig Harbor. We will be wrenching on some local E28’s (I’m figuring about 6-8 cars will be here). Beer will be flowing as well…

I would like to extend an open invite to any local “teeners” out there that want to come down…

Eddie is working furiously this week to get the 914 licensed so he can give it a (legal) road test, and show it off to the E28 guys.

Directions can be found on my website under the Dates/Events tab.
E28 Gruppe

Hope to meet some of you,
Mark
253-265-1380
Eddie914
I'm in!

The earlier the better for me.

I have to be on the eastside Wednesday.

Eddie
914ghost
I wanna come eat breakfast.
As long as it's not this saturday.
The 356 Club always met at Mitzels - just like Shari's -down in Fife, they were VERY accomodating when 30 + people showed up. And its halfway between everywhere in North / South I-5 corridor (not that it matters to me, I'll be driving 140 miles).
Whatever though, I'll really try and make it anywhere.
Robert O
DNHunt
First welcome Mark great to see another guy from the harbor. I'll see if I can stop by your place and look undrer the bonnet.

Geoff

Great idea. I'm open for anything almost any time. Count me in. I'll see if Kevin and I and any other T town people can caravan up.

Dave
ChrisReale
Ya gotta wear the hat Dave
2-OH!
I would like to attend, but without the teener, the old girl is going in for paint next week and so it will be a while before I get her back together...

But I'm in for a Saturday or Sunday...

2-OH!
Korijo
Im in...
LS6/914
The greasy er the better. Ill crawl out from under my rock. chowtime.gif Saturday works.
Bleyseng
Dave, since you STILL DON'T HAVE A VAN how about a place in Fremont? That Fisherwomans wife or whatever its called?

Maybe Feb 7th??

Geoff
reverie
Fremont area is an excellent idea.

Or maybe that breakfast place in Kirkland that the Pelican 911 crowd likes?

Just had my stock 2.0 dyno'd... 73 hp (and 88 ft-lb torque) at the rear wheels.. wink.gif
914werke
Ill take a moning off from the home remodel project for a spin & some coffee!
Bleyseng
I was just thinking outloud about Fremont cuz Dave said he wanted to come. He can drive himself 2 blocks to the Fishermans Daughter in his cool 4 wheeler.
I know the rest of you can drive, beg a ride, or walk to the spot. Kirkland is harder for him and I don't know anyplaces good to eat in Gig Harbor/Tacoma. (is there?)

Where in Kirkland does the 911 crowd eat?

Geoff

chowtime.gif
reverie
Fisherman's Daughter sounds cool. I've never been there.

The Pelican 911 crowd likes the Brown Bag Cafe, 12217 NE 116th St. in Kirkland.
I've never been there, either.. laugh.gif

Just for future reference, we should find out where the 356 club meets in Tacoma..
they've been meeting at the same restaurant for a long time, once a month!

- Roger
DNHunt
That works for me. Hopefully it won't rain. Let's get the year off to a good start.

Dave
rhodyguy
what no party favors? i used to go to the brown bag with my dad. the food is good but it can get pretty busy. i don't care where we go, except hell.

kevin
Bleyseng
Ok, we are on for February 7th at 9:14 AM for breakfast. I will drive by the place and check it out first.

Geoff chowtime.gif
boxstr
Kevin are you online this am??
If anyone has a number I can call Kevin at please let me know.
Thanks
CCL
914ghost
Fisherman's Daughter is a cool place, but its as hard as the Brown Bag to squeeze into on a Sat. morning and a bit smaller, most of their tables are for 2. I used to eat there a bunch when I was at UW, NOT a place for large-er parties. And I doubt they'll split a check! And where will everyone park in Fremont on a Saturday Morn?
hhmmm..... .. .. <_<

oh, and Roger, check my post above...Mitzels loves the 356 Club.
Bleyseng
We can park at Daves its only a half a block away. Maybe Dave has a suggestion on where we can eat thats close to his place.

Geoff
rhodyguy
i changed my mind. l vote for tacoma. along the water front on ruston way is very nice. we could dine at the spar tavern. good food, rather up scale, low key. this shortens the distance for guys that might like to come up from p-land, van, boring, etc., and points in between.

kevin
rhodyguy
...and, i can get garranteed tables if i give a time a #of heads. my wife has her car to show also. so there is another tacoma vote too.

kevin
Korijo
Its called Long-Shoreman's Daughter.

We had a friend of my aunt make/donate a ramp. So we are somewhat more mobile...

Still prolly gonna be late wink.gif

Pic of the ramp, mohawk, beer, ...
Bleyseng
Or down the street from Daves is the Still Life Cafe.

I am ok with going to Tacoma as long as its nowhere near the Hilltop area. Along Ruston Way is nice, so what place then Kevin?

Geoff
914werke
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 27 2004, 07:43 AM)
Ok, we are on for February 7th at 9:14 AM for breakfast. I will drive by the place and check it out first.

Geoff chowtime.gif

Feb 7th you say! In thought were talkin THIS Sat.
On THAT sat. the local Ferrari club has an open house & meet at the Goodman Race Wharehouse near Fishermans Terminal.
Might make a interesting destination and a place to scam some free wine and cheese laugh.gif
Neal
Isn't Tacoma just shy of the MOON !, how about the top of Snoqualamie pass lots of parking
Bleyseng
Yeah, lets put on chains and go up there for breakfast and skiing afterwards. That would be a riot with 15 914's in the parking lot.
Hey, wait a minute...mine is too low for that lot. I would rip something off hitting the first huge pothole !!!

I like it close to Dave's so its easy on HIM...remember if he drives it means Kori has to get him there and back with the kids so lets be easy on her. Dave can drive his gizmo a block and a half alone to the Still Life Cafe and make it easy. We can park the 914's in his parking area.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupids

Geoff
What time is the Ferrari Club thing so we can crash it afterwards!
reverie
Let's meet at Dave's place in Fremont.. driving-girl.gif

Mitzel's Restaurant in Fife (the 356 hangout) sounds like
a good place to meet sometime, too!.. thanks, 914ghost.. cool.gif
boxstr
Before you go to a ski area, think about it and watch this video. http://www.crownvic.us/movies/snowtowcar.wmv
CCLINCECILBDEMILLE
Neal
I have never seen anything like that in my life, the collective brain trust... the future !
Neal
I have 4 studded snow tires for my 914, drove all the way to Whitefish Montana to ski, that car is good in the snow.
Bleyseng
I have Kumho Victoracers on mine, do you think they would stick in the snow?

Geoff
LS6/914
Any decision on location? Iam flexable on location, just need to know to not schedule weekend work at the shop. Beths cafe on Aurora still around?
DNHunt
Gawd I haven't thought of Beth's Cafe in years. One word "Munchies". No other explanation for how a person could get around their ommelettes and hash browns. I couldn't do that anymore.

Dave
rhodyguy
i lived 3 doors up from beths on 74th. drunks blowing b-fast outside beths at 2 am while you are shrooming is quite the experience.

kevin
Bleyseng
I dunno if Dave can make Beths nor my stomach..
I still say the Still Life Cafe as it has a lots of tables, good food, is close so Dave can drive his buggy.
If you want I'll snag a menu tomorrow....but that's my vote.

Dave, is this good?
Hey Korijo! Is this good for you?
Korijo
No Beth's !! barf.gif My buddy had to call Heath Isp. on that place.
Scraping spatulas on the edge of a trash can, cracking eggs on the ceiling barf.gif
LS6/914
So Iam not the only one that lost a few brain cells at Beths. Last time for me was 78 or so, cant really remember but my buddies say I had a good time laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif No Beths, good plan. Not sure where Still life is but it sounds good.
Bleyseng
Still Life Cafe
 709 N. 35th Street, Seattle, WA 
 206-547-9850

Like I said Dave lives about a block away!
Korijo
i live here...
reverie
And since it's Fremont, does the Free Parking include any UFOs in the neighborhood?.. smile.gif
DNHunt
I'm in. Glad to hear it's not Beth's. I'm not capable anymore of preparing for Beth's early on a Saturday morning. Not sure I could on a Saturday night either for that matter.

Looking forward to it

Dave
Neal
The Still Life sounds good
morph
We would like to show up.
914werke
Awsome clap56.gif Will you be driving a teener equiped as a rolling testbed of your products?
BTW the Ferarri club open house is at 10 to prolly noon. No wine and Cheese but Im told at least a Barrista and muffins!
Bleyseng
I do have a set of the speaker pods I bought from Morphenspectra that I was gunna bring to the show and tell part of the Breakfast.

I will still bring em
Kevin, bring some stickers....
Dave Hunt, bring some EFI stuff...
What else can people bring thats cool??

Geoff
914ghost
I could bring a set of 17" Cup wheels if anyone wants em', or maybe a set of 16x7" H.R.E. 3 piece wheels...look like BBS's sorta.
Not my stuff, they're in a garage of a guy I know and he wants to sell em'. I don't know a price.
Second thought ... huh.gif not sure I could fit 4 wheels in a 914.
Robert O
reverie
I can bring my p-car kid to a breakfast this summer.
She gets home from college in June.
Bleyseng
Only if she does Ebay part modeling for us in a wet tank top......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.