914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=417185

We lost a good one. sad.gif

--DD
Eric_Shea
Wow... sad.gif
Joe Bob
Yep, good friend, business associate, Dad, 914 guy...I'll miss him.
azbill
Dave has been a good friend. I'll miss him and GPR. He was one of good guys and honorable parts providers.
Bill Shaffer
markb
Dave was one of the first people I met back in 99 when I got into 914's. Since I live locally to him, I got to know him pretty well, and was fortunate enough to call him a friend. He will be very much missed.
Gint
Dammit! I've met Dave on several occasions myself. We truly lost a great guy.
MoveQik
sad.gif
Gary
Godspeed Dave.
Dave - RIP..Happy Trails up there!
championgt1
RIP- Dave. Godspeed to you sir. sad.gif
hwgunner
He did pass and this is very sad. A good man and father was lost yesturday, not to mention a real Porsche guy. The known and unknown contributions he has made to the Porsche Community will surly be missed by all. You have all been touched by him, wether you are a CW or a poor 914 guy, a racer or a 911 luver, an outlaw or just a 997 guy, you just may not know it.

RIP Dave and GODSPEED
My prayers to your family

hwgunner
736conver
Unbelievable. sad.gif

Thanks for everything Dave.

bfrymire
I have also known Dave for many years, and thought he was a great guy. I will miss talking to him.

-- brett
914Sixer
Sorry to hear of Dave's passing. I had been doing business with him since tha late 80's. He will be missed for all of his contributions.
IronHillRestorations
Dave was a good friend, and great business partner. He had stayed at my place in TN and me at his in CA. We helped each other in business and our personal lives. This is so sad. My thoughts are with his loved ones. He will be greatly missed.
GringoLoco
I've never met Dave, but just from your warm responses I can tell I'm at a disadvantage for never having met him. My condolences to all who have lost a good friend.
SirAndy
QUOTE(GringoLoco @ Jun 30 2008, 11:14 AM) *

I've never met Dave, but just from your warm responses I can tell I'm at a disadvantage for never having met him. My condolences to all who have lost a good friend.

agree.gif

this is a sad day indeed ...
sad.gif Andy
PRS914-6
Bummer.... sad.gif I never met him but spent MANY MANY hours talking to him more about life than parts. We had lots of laughs and exchanged many e-mail jokes. Of course women was typically the topic. The last year you could tell something was wrong. I'm sorry it turned out he was so sick. Another reminder to take the time with your friends and family while they are here.....
Root_Werks
sad.gif
sww914
I've known him for years and I'm really sad to loose my friend. I'm sorry if you never met him. I'll miss his wicked sense of humor forever.
watsonrx13
sad.gif

-- Rob
Bleyseng
Damn, really sorry to see Dave pass. I had bought alot of stuff from him over the years for all my different cars.
seanery
so sad sad.gif
echocanyons
Damn sad.gif
I am very saddened to hear this.

ericread
I never know what to say when one of the 914 pioneers leaves us. Although it is truely a sad event for us, Dave is finally free from the pain.

I hope each of us raises a glass to Dave in the coming days.

Eric Read
gms
I had to pull out this photo; it is how I will always remember Dave (far right)
Smiling & Joking. Rest in Peace my brother
retrofit
sad.gif
Allen
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Dave and I were very very close and had long talks at night at home, I am very very upset about what happened and that his friendship was stolen from me at his young age. He had been very depressed recently and I felt my role as a cheerleader not accomplishing much in the final months. Wracked with pain, it was hard for him to function normally and continue to do business that great way he always did.
Dave I am still here for you brother rest in peace.
IronHillRestorations
Dave's obituary (not the kind of post I ever dreamed of making)

http://www.legacy.com/SanLuisObispo/DeathN...sonID=112636701
bcheney
This is very sad news...I dealt with Dave on several occasions for 914 parts. He was kind and straight forward. Took to the time to make sure that the sway bar and axles I got from him were just right...You could tell he loved Porsches and anyone who owned one. He is at peace now...thanks again for everything Dave...
hwgunner
1 year sad.gif
EdwardBlume
Wow. 1 year. headbang.gif

Good guy. Left his mark on many of our cars. Supported events. Will be missed.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Dave's Dad and I just e mailed each other on the first anniversary of Dave's death, we had spent some time together in San Fran last year. What a tremendous character. RIP my friend Dave.
pcar916
Darn, he'll be missed. Hope his family is glad he's free now.
sww914
I still miss my friend Dave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.