Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now be honest guys... Valuation question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger

I'm not saying I want to sell her but if I did..... what would value her at?
No rust! biggrin.gif

http://www.grubbenterprises.com/914/

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Joe Bob
It depends....did you ever drive it without pants on?
Dr. Roger
QUOTE(! @ Jun 29 2008, 10:21 PM) *

It depends....did you ever drive it without pants on?

Good question! laugh.gif

Always with pants on. driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
As you asked for an honest question I will answer as honest as I can. With the work yu have done and the quality it is done in I would say that you are looking in the high teens. That being said it would have to go to someone who like that sort of thing. I think you may be looking more into the 20s if you finished the flare job all the way around but that's just my take on it. Really hard to put a real value on something like you have.
Dr. Roger
Truth be told, I'm going through a career change and probably will need some cash.

I wish I could sell the car to someone in our "World" with an option to buy it back with interest. I just don't want to short sale her. That wouldn't be right.
Or maybe just let her go and in a year or two start a new 914 project. (An all aluminum V8 conversion!!!)
Dr. Roger
Only one opinion?

poke.gif From this crowd?

What's a guy gotta' do to get an opinion in this place? grouphug.gif
Sorry, no sexual favors will be given. Even you Mr. Z.....

popcorn[1].gif
Ferg
10-12k
Root_Werks
Good V8 conversions are hard to find. Yours looks nice. Did you do any frame stiffening? That would add or subtract some from the value. I would think low teens in this economy.

confused24.gif
PeeGreen 914
Yeah, I have to agree with Dan even though I have seen some very nicely done V8 conversions go in the high 20s and low 30s in the past. This economy just sucks for selling anything really.
tdgray
What.... you already heard from Z... he donna want it ifn' you never drove it without pants. biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
16-20K....the upper end if there's a decent paint job on it....less with skid marks on the seats.... bootyshake.gif
Gint
In the state that it's currently in? Based on what I can see from the available pics and description? $10k.
jimkelly
i was gonna guess $10k yesterday but did not want to be first first low baller to show up at your door with small bills : )

i know that propricer was asking about $10k for his conversion - and army dude is asking about $8k but his is cosmetically challenged : ) and his engine is a lesser desireable 305 sbc engine - but he does have a beefy trans.

seems like everytime i put money into mine - my profit margin drops.

thomasotten
10k. Since it has a non-Porsche lineage engine, I think the typical Porsche buyer would shy away from it.
Leo Imperial
Sell your truck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.