Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT - RCA to Coax
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
My TV has only 1 set of RCA inputs, the problem I have a DVD and Wii that need to go into it. I was hoping to find an adapter that would let me take the DVD's RCA plugs and plug it into the coax input of my cable box.
r_towle
best buy, circuit city etc all have them.

Rich
ericread
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 30 2008, 08:43 AM) *

best buy, circuit city etc all have them.

Rich

agree.gif

Just make sure you buy a box with decent isolation between the inputs. Crossover will cause your picture to look fuzzy.

Eric

Demick
Huh? Coax is an RF connector. Can't just pipe in video from RCA connectors. Would need a RF modulator to do that.

Better way is to get a switcher box. Plug lots of RCA or S-video and audio connections into it, and it outputs to a single set of A/V connectors.

I've used this one in the past, and it worked excellent:
Radio Shack A/V switch box

ericread
QUOTE(Demick @ Jun 30 2008, 12:19 PM) *

Huh? Coax is an RF connector. Can't just pipe in video from RCA connectors. Would need a RF modulator to do that.

Better way is to get a switcher box. Plug lots of RCA or S-video and audio connections into it, and it outputs to a single set of A/V connectors.

I've used this one in the past, and it worked excellent:
Radio Shack A/V switch box

I also agree.gif

If you have video inputs to the TV, it would be best to keep the signal in that format. If not, time to modulate and send out via coax (FR modulated signal). Again, make sure it modulates on a channel that is not being broadcast locally to avoid interference.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.