Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: URGENT CALL OUT TO ANY MEMBER NEAR WEST CHICAGO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Kelly called me looking for assistance near Elmhurst. He had an engine fail. He has Hagerty for 150 mile tow. He needs someone near Elmhurt IL. To help with an overnight place to have the car towed. Call me and I'll get you in touch with him.

Or if anyone knows a member that lives near Elmhurst and may not be on the board tonight and can reach them call them.

Rick

smontanaro
According to Google maps Elmhurst is either 153 or 161 miles from Peoria (depending on the route) where Brad Mayeur is. Kelly could hardly find a better place to take the car.

I live in Evanston, a mere 23 miles from Elmhurst. I don't know any obvious 914 mechanics in the immediate area. Does Kelly need a place to stay or a place to take the car?

Skip Montanaro

rick 918-S
Just got off the phone with Mark Kinnaman (Bartlett 914) He's about 20 miles away from Elmhurst. He has a shop Kelly can store his car in for the night.

Thanks Mark!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Jun 30 2008, 07:31 PM) *

According to Google maps Elmhurst is either 153 or 161 miles from Peoria (depending on the route) where Brad Mayeur is. Kelly could hardly find a better place to take the car.

I live in Evanston, a mere 23 miles from Elmhurst. I don't know any obvious 914 mechanics in the immediate area. Does Kelly need a place to stay or a place to take the car?

Skip Montanaro

Cool, I was posting while you were responding. I think he may have the car hauled to Brad eventually. At least he had a conversation with him tonight. But he needs an over night place for the car. I think he's renting a car and driving back home for work. Then he will deal with the car later.
lotus_65
tough luck kelly,

as my great grandmother would (supposedly) say to my great grandfather:

"keep your pecker up"
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 30 2008, 07:34 PM) *

Just got off the phone with Mark Kinnaman (Bartlett 914) He's about 20 miles away from Elmhurst. He has a shop Kelly can store his car in for the night.

Thanks Mark!

Kelly's was able to have his car towed to my shop. It is a real bummer to have your car die while so far away from home.
rick 918-S
Thanks again Mark! I've had an engine failure myself. Once in Gaylord Mich. and once in Rio Rancho NM. It's a very sinking feeling when your that far from home. Fortunately We have this 914World. welcome.png
akellym
A big thanks to Mark! We made it home, now to get ready to back this weekend and get the car.

ericread
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Jun 30 2008, 08:56 PM) *

tough luck kelly,

as my great grandmother would (supposedly) say to my great grandfather:

"keep your pecker up"

av-943.gif av-943.gif

Quite an image in my head... Arrrrrgh - I think I'm going blind!!!

wbergtho
Hi Kelly,

Can you give us all the painful details of what may have happened? I understand that it sounds like a total engine failure of some kind? Sorry to hear about your misfortune! Aside from the down time, money and major inconvienince this has caused you...I'm sure your beautiful blue car will be back on the roads rather quickly.

PS: I bet you took a trophy home from that show. Little consolation for what happened..I know...

Bill
akellym
Got the car home yesterday. Jacked it up to take a look. At first glance it looks like I may get by easy on the repair. It appears that a nut came off of one end of the rocker assembly on the passenger side and knocked the valve cover off. The missing one would be on the far left in this photo.

Click to view attachment
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(akellym @ Jul 7 2008, 03:55 AM) *

Got the car home yesterday. Jacked it up to take a look. At first glance it looks like I may get by easy on the repair. It appears that a nut came off of one end of the rocker assembly on the passenger side and knocked the valve cover off. The missing one would be on the far left in this photo.

Click to view attachment

Hi Kelly

Glad to hear you made it back alright. I can't believe that even the inside of your engine is clean! If it hadn't been so late the night you brought the car over, maybe we could have done more. I sure hope there isn't valve / piston damage.
rick 918-S
Where'd the nut go? I doubt it could it make it to the sump?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.