Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Help- Wheres 12v switched wire for ignition?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am wiring my car after having rebuilt the engine. My car was heavily modified by the previous owner so nothing was wired the way it was supposed to be. I have an MSD ignition system with a tach adapter. According to the MSD directions, I am supposed to hook up some of the wires from the MSD ignition to a 12v Switched wire. I am having a hard time locating one. I have researched everywhere and I cannot figure it out. I am sure that it is much easier than I am making things.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could help me.

Also does anybody know what the black and red wire coming off of the 12 pin connector on the relay board is used for (pin 7)? (could this be my missing wire?)

Thanks,
Steve screwy.gif
Dr. Roger
wiring has changed over the years. what year is yours?

from there go to pelicanparts.com and you'll find their wiring schematics which should answer all of your questions.
AvalonFal
Not sure what year (or engine) your car is, (or if it matters), but on my '74 2.0L, the red/black wire from the 12 pin ignition wiring harness goes to the positive coil terminal.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.