Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Future six conversion photos
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Local guy, for me at least, family owns machine shop across from my engine builder, the owner will be swapping a numbers matching 911s motor (very sweet forgot to get photos of... sad.gif ) and doing a full 911 suspension/brake/wheel conversion. 916 bumpers front and rear. Currently in the process of stripping car, interior next..., and collecting parts. Reason the interior is full of leaves is because its spends its days outside and sleeps in the shop at night. Right now it has a freshly rebuilt 1.7 w/ 96s and weber 40s. There ya go...
DrifterJay
by the way I believe its a 72..
Aaron Cox
sweet!
DrifterJay
interior needs to be stripped. That is not rust on pan, just discoloration and crap. Shes pretty clean.
DrifterJay
1.7 w/ 96s and a repaired hellhole
DrifterJay
other side
DrifterJay
very cool exhaust, utilizes a modified t4 bus header with/ supertrapp. Sounds way bitchen, not very loud when idleing, same exhaust setup I will most likely use, for like 120ish after labor for rerouting the outlet for the supertrapp downwards (so it fits).
JeffBowlsby
the owner will be swapping a numbers matching 911s motor

What does that mean? huh.gif

'Matching numbers' means that the engine case numbers match the VIN of the car on the COA. In other words the engine is original to the car as it was from the factory. A situation that is becoming more rare every day. If its a swapped engine...then the 'numbers' don't match.

Or did I misunderstnd?
DrifterJay
motor is rebuilt and will be for sale for around 750-1000 with exhaust in a few months...will spread the word when it is available to anyone interested. Very nice motor though, sounded super healthy and clean.
DrifterJay
I meant an original 911s motor, thats all
Aaron Cox
sweet...not big on the exhaust tho icon8.gif , savin for a triad!
DrifterJay
ahh screw you!! lol...I am gonna run one...dont judge a book by its cover dude. lol wink.gif
Aaron Cox
if you go through all the work of custom fabbing, make a dual outlet with a flowmaster kid! well see, your extra 56cc vs my precision driving! laugh.gif
DrifterJay
rolleyes.gif uhha...well see...(120ish with a ceramic coat for mine aint bad...) as for the driving part....do u want some competition? Being that everyone else has lost all there reflexes due to age smile.gif cept us...
Jared...

:finger2: lol
Aaron Cox
well see if you can find the right gear with your tailshifter! :finger2:

ahh....with age comes wisdom, but agility comes with youth laugh.gif
DrifterJay
you punk!! laugh.gif damn I cant wait to get my car running so I can silence your shit talking!! lol ar15.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Jan 26 2004, 02:07 PM)
you punk!! laugh.gif damn I cant wait to get my car running so I can silence your shit talking!! lol ar15.gif

wait, doesnt your car have a hole in the long? i dont want your new engine and car breaking in half trying to keep up with me through the turns laugh.gif

silence this! finger.gif

laugh.gif
DrifterJay
you would need that advantage wouldnt you, lol. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif

LMAO...this is fun.
DrifterJay
we sound like lil 18 year old punk assess wacko.gif wait a minute...
Aaron Cox
agree.gif

laugh.gif
DrifterJay
damn you hyped me up about driving...hmm...think I am gonna go take the top off, its a beautiful day to roll down the driveway....damn I want to drive....I have been waiting since june to drive a 914 with more than 10hp...soon I will reach my prize smilie_pokal.gif
Jared
Aaron Cox
HAha.... ah topless driving today. sunny and 75, drives like a champ. vroom, vroom. feel the roar of that 2.0 LOL

wanna ride? laugh.gif

too bad.....
Qarl
Okay kids... don't make me put you in time out... or better yet... whoop your asses!!!!
Aaron Cox
yes dad,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.