Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Club Membership drive...ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Well its not my original idea...found it on...where else...at the end of the internet... ohmy.gif

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...&category=31356

Post any other bright ideas on how to increase 914 owner participation you might have...
Bleyseng
Hey good idea! lets copy it Jeff, as everyone checks out Ebay these days.

Love the autobahn pic although when I went to Germany in the fall I never saw a moving 914. I Holland I only saw Jeroens rust bucket and new project.

Talk about Classic Car status.

Geoff
anthony
We need more members? :-) I can't read all the posts anymore as it is.
Rouser
We need more members?

Yeah ... I thought we already had every 914 owner on the planet as a member of this forum; we need more?

Gonna need another set of eyes to read all the "OT: What's Your Favorite (insert item here)" as it is ...
seanery
I like the idea, I'll let you use my email as the paypal account! wink.gif
drew365
Hire a Hooters girl to streak the Super Bowl while waving a small 914world.com banner. That's my marketing genius for tonight. Should get Brad's attention. laugh.gif
morph
We have posted a link to this website on our e-bay store front (914 Appearance and Performance), and have been trying to recruit more members.

Hiedi
Joe Bob
Hand out 914 club bidness cards tot he members that show up at Dunkel's or at asshole's open house....each member then slips one under any 914 he/she sees on the street.
redshift
WAIT!!!

Let's all keep the prices down, until we corner the market.

M
Bleyseng
Did Brad ever have business cards made??

Hiedi, got my speaker grills, nice parts. Thanks

Geoff wub.gif
Britain Smith
Every time I run ebay ads for Brad, I put a 914club logo and link on it. Brad said that everytime that I do that the club gets 5-10 new members that week.

-Britain
Bleyseng
Lets let Andy take a picture of Jenny in a wet T shirt that we can attach to our Ebay ads.

Geoff mueba.gif
Jenny
I'm not holding any plugs, speakers, lug bolts, nuts, or anything to that effect on my chest. I have a "nice rack" sticker I'd be willing to sport though. laugh.gif Or if there's any of the fabled club stickers still lying around... Should I post a link to my paypal acct?

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 27 2004, 10:00 AM)
Or if there's any of the fabled club stickers still lying around...

here's a thought:

shannon has a setup to print stuff (in color) on fabric.

we could get jenny a nice "914club" tank-top to wear (in front of a blue-screen).
then use photoshop to put her in the background for all the parts pictures ...

wink.gif Andy
Bleyseng
Last I heard Kevin had wallpapered the garage with all the leftover stickers...

Good thought Andy! Now you just have to convince Jenny.....
Jenny
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jan 27 2004, 10:42 AM)
Good thought Andy! Now you just have to convince Jenny.....

Hell, if there's a 914club wife beater in it for me, I'm game!

The question is... do you want Andy taking the pics? cool_shades.gif

Jen
JeffBowlsby
Love the autobahn pic

Thanks Geoff...its from one of my German 914 ads...
SirAndy
QUOTE(bowlsby @ Jan 27 2004, 11:34 AM)
its from one of my German 914 ads...

"With the VW-Porsche 914, you will drive more economical than most other cars you'll pass."
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 27 2004, 10:00 AM)
I'm not holding any plugs, speakers, lug bolts, nuts, or anything to that effect on my chest. I have a "nice rack" sticker I'd be willing to sport though. laugh.gif Or if there's any of the fabled club stickers still lying around... Should I post a link to my paypal acct?

Jen

I volunteer to help apply the stickers in the strategic places....mind you I have an unsteady hand and may have to apply them a few times before they are centered perfectly..... wacko.gif
Dave Bell
I say organize a group buy on some expensive part... that seems to bring a lot of attention to the 914club site. laugh.gif

- Dave
Gint
I say organize a group buy on some expensive part... that seems to bring a lot of attention to the 914club site.  

- Dave

laugh.gif That brought tears to my eyes. laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
ah crap guys..... sad.gif
Gint
No hard feelings here Aaron; it wasn't your fault.

Speaking for myself, I'm just trying to take a lite-hearted view of the whole thing.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(mikez @ Jan 26 2004, 08:14 PM)
Hand out 914 club bidness cards tot he members that show up at Dunkel's or at asshole's open house....each member then slips one under any 914 he/she sees on the street.

I like the B-card idea. Someone design one that we can download, add our name and number if we want, print out, and place on cars we see.
It would be more professional and convienent than the hand written notes I've been doing so far.

Chris
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 27 2004, 10:59 PM)
I like the B-card idea. Someone design one that we can download, add our name and number if we want, print out, and place on cars we see.

Seanery did these a while ago.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
I will print off Sean's card ,then enclude it in every 914 part I sell. Also I will take the cards to every meet,show ,swap I go to and distribute them. Also at the Mid West Classic I plane to have a table high lighting the Club and products. If we all do what we can ,it should make a difference.
B is there a particular area of the U.S. that our membership list showes a less than average number of members. These areas could be worked a little harder. My 2 cents Dave smilie_flagge6.gif
Andyrew
John Dunkle made some rennlist buisness cards a while ago that says "Nice Porsche" with a 911 tubo wing on it, and some other stuff on it, and it say's Join us at Rennlist.com.. I put them on the other P-cars that I see in modesto.. Havent used that many of them, but Dad got a big stack, and I put a few in my wallet.. I think that that kind of thing is great!! I had some guy come over a while ago and he had a 914 and I gave him some info and the site link, Probably came a few times.. But If we had some real buisness cards that said their meaning, attracted the person, I think it would be cool

like "Nice 914!, Joun me at www.914world.com for a great community of 914 owners, full of technical info and lots of fun!!"

I dono

Andrew
Chris914n6
I got tagged!!!
It was under my wiper after class.

Ironic that on the way to school I was thinking I should put a 914club sticker on smash.gif ...something else to get around to wacko.gif
Joe Bob
Yer lucky....Brad used to use a spray can and a stencil.... wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.