Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 parts Los Angeles to the Bay and back.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Heeltoe914
I will have a open truck so if anyone would like to have a pick up or drop off of a motor, rims or ??? Contact me.
Where Going from Pasadena to the Bay and back.

Its time for us to vacation in the bay area from July 6-11th. Its been about 10years since my girlfriend or I have been to the bay area for a vacation so with the Questionable economy and the high cost of travel where going to San Francisco. Cool whether and a lots to do. But I need the help of you bay area boys to help plan a few outing for us:
We are both very laid back and enjoy the simple things in life like a walk in Golden Gate Park, a nice sunset while listening to music on the beach. Or anything else that is picture taking worthy and relaxing. We are both joggers so a jog along a beach or a bay front where we can have some eats after would be nice. My lady loves to eat so if you’ve got a great Italian or Tofu like restaurant that kicks. Let me know, and as far a Sushi goes you name it where their.

So here it is, looking for suggestion on:

A nice sit down Asian meal in Chinatown or Little Tokyo would be fun, any suggestion?

A Great early morning sunrise or late afternoon sunset location.

Things I must see any suggestion??? Car Museums? Is the blackhawk in the Bay area?

We love fish which harbor should we hang at?

Outlets malls as we enter or exit the bay?

Best way to get around We where thinking to try the cable car?

We would like to stay in a downtown like area this trip. Kind of like Monteray, where you can walk to everything or bus it if you wont at night.

What areas to avoid?

Nice hotels for the money. We don’t do 5 stars unless we are overseas.

We love music so if you know of any Concerts in the park going on Between July 6-11th LMK.

As always we are open to any suggestion of activities like a nice National park Or a must see and do that you feel we would enjoy. But most of all if any of you are free for dinner we would love for you to join us to talk 914 or just to get out and enjoy the night air.

Thanks for your help.
sww914
I like food. That's why I'm 230#'s instead of 180#.
My favorite restaurants in the world are The Straits restaurants. There are 2 in the Bay Area. It's Singapore style food, Singapore is a huge port city and their influences from around the world contribute the best of everything. These restaurants look, feel, and taste expensive but they're not in touristy areas (a little hard to find) so they're really not that expensive. The last time I was at the one in San Jose it was $75.00 for 3 with a decent tip and a bottle of Sake.

I try to include The Straits in every trip to the Bay Area.
http://www.straitsrestaurants.com/
ericread
Great pics! I noticed the pic where you were both wading in the ocean. Don't try that in SF!!! The ocean is about 10 degrees up there and you will get frostbite on all of your toes (or other extremities)!!! idea.gif

The folks up in that area will ecourage you to take a swim in the ocean, but you'll notice they never swim in the ocean... dry.gif

It's probably just a trick to get their hands on your 914 shades.gif

Eric
Heeltoe914
HHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO
euro911
There's always Ghirardelli Square confused24.gif ... and I'd steer clear of Oakland if you can help it fighting19.gif

Going through San Jose? ... the Winchester House is a trip

Have fun driving.gif ... chowtime.gif ... rock_band.gif ... beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.