Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT 997 water temp issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
On a 1997 911 what is the correct water temp?

My buddy has it running at 212 currently and he is worried that its overheating.

So, what is the correct number please, and if you know...why is it so hot?

Rich
Jake Raby
212 isn't hot.. Thats normal in my Boxster.

r_towle
We are trying to borrow this car for a track event this weekend and the owner is worried.

Its a 911, not sure of the 99X number...

I thought 212 was fine, but he says its hotter then when he bought it...via the temp gauge..

Just looking for the holy answer to calm him down.
I dont have a 911 manual but I am sure there is a number in there somewhere.

Jake, you drive a boxter??? Damn things are changing.
Do you go to Starbucks now???lol

Rich
Jake Raby
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 1 2008, 08:46 PM) *

We are trying to borrow this car for a track event this weekend and the owner is worried.

I thought 212 was fine, but he says its hotter then when he bought it...via the temp gauge..

Rich

Its my Wife's car.. BUT was originally bought as a test bed for the Boxster and 997 engine development program.

Trust me, this program is purely a business venture. I care nothing about the cars, but can't overlook the fact that there are 200,000 cars on the road that the factory doesn't want to support. And they are breaking at enormous rates.

And most importantly they are even more unknown than the TIV was when I began with it and the are just as much of a bastard. Thats what has drawn me to the engine most.

It'll just generate more funds for aircooled development..

Was your friend driving the car in cooler weather before?? That may be why it seems a bit warmer now..
r_towle
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 2 2008, 12:03 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 1 2008, 08:46 PM) *

Rich

Its my Wife's car..

shades.gif

No the owner has owned the car for quite a few years...I think he is trying to find a reason to not loan the car...but its pretty weak right now...

Rich
JWest
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 1 2008, 10:06 PM) *

On a 1997 911 what is the correct water temp?

Your title says 997 (current new model of 911), but your text says 1997 (which is an aircooled 993). Which is correct?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.