Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: International Car Shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
northern chris
I'm looking at shipping my 914 from Canada (Calgary, Alberta) to the US (on short term work assignment in Houston, Texas), has anyone had experience with any of these shipping companies?

Able Auto Trasport ($1,220 from Kalispell, Montana)
Depedable Auto Shippers ($2,272)
Hansen's ($3,875)
A-A Auto Transport ($1,890)
Horizon Vehicle Shipping Services ($2,560)

All quotes are for an open carrier.

Not cheap, but I would rather not keep the car in storage.
r_towle
Used Ables before.
The price seems right.
the other prices are way to high...but there is probably border charges.

I would suggest you drive. Its a once in a lifetime opportunity and probably only a couple of days.

Rich
jonferns
We used Able Auto Transport to bring our 914 from California, open carrier. They used a company that is local to me, and I have no complains. The price was the most reasonable out of a few companies that I got quotes from, and it looks to be the more reasonable on your list also. Good luck!
SGB
Try Axle Auto Transport- Gregg Nelson 507 327 6846 in St James Mn.
boxstr
This time of year a closed carrier is not needed. Weather is nice and the money you save over a closed carrier can go a long way for a good detail.
The $2000+ charges, way out of line.
Call Kenda at Coast to Coast 1-800-794-9009
CCLINTRANSPORTMETOPARADISE
Rick_Eberle
You know, that would be a GREAT road trip...

I used AA back in '03 to ship my car from Long Beach to Australia, for about US$1200. (plus about three times that when it got here... but the shipping was cheap!)
northern chris
Thanks for the other options. I would like to do the drive - but I'm short of vacation this year (family wedding in Hawaii in October) and will have to likely spend the cash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.