Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Engine in 1973 Type II
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thisbenguy
Ok... Heres the deal... It is my understanding that it isn't too difficult with the proper tools, and friends who know what they are doing, to put an engine from a 914 into a Volkswagen Type II van of the same year... That isn't the topic of this discussion... Although any help would be greatly appreciated... My question is this... Using a 914 engine is it possible, I know it would benefit, but how difficult would it be to add a turbo to this... Please let me know of any info ya'll might have... Thanks...

ben.salin@magnumelectronics.com
type47
you can't turbo a type IV laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(type47 @ Jan 26 2004, 01:41 PM)
you can't turbo a type IV laugh.gif

laugh.gif that's right!

but if you do, let us know how it goes.
we have a few members here that currently (or pastly (is that a word?)) work on Turbo TIVs.

hey britain, wanna chime in?

oh, and welcome to the board! smilie_pokal.gif
Andy
Joe Bob
Gonna use a unsure.gif 914 exhaust????
914ghost
Jeebus,
Why turbo a bubble window bus? and with what engine....is it a stock 2.0 from 73'?
As it sits the dipstick & oil filler should be in a different spot.
Of course nearly every piece of cooling tin is different.
Exhaust / heater boxes different.
I honestly dont know if the fan housing is the same...never asked. Doesnt the dipstick go thru the fan housing on a bus? with that damned little boot underneath?! mad.gif
The 914 engine is a better than the bus engine but you may never know the difference when its gotta push that thing around.
Don't peel out with the turbo in the bus if it ever lives, you'll bust the bus tranny in half before the tires catch.
uhh. ..good luck though!
Robert O
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.