Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 Bumper question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zundfolge
So I've got a 916 front bumper but it hasn't been cut for fog lights or oil cooler.

So I'm thinking of cutting it for both, but I'm not sure about the fog lights (I don't have an oil cooler either, but if Johnny Law starts hassling me about my lack of front plate, that's where I plan on putting it).

Is it a perfectly round hole I need to cut? If so how large? Looks like almost 5" but I'm not sure that's right.

Anyone got any real detail pics of either a 916 or a 914 with 916 bumper on it cut for fog lights?

Here's my car.

IPB Image
CliffBraun
I just got a 916 bumper (or will once I get off my ass and pay rennspd to ship it) and I am considering cutting it to deal with some fog lights. Lemme know how your project works out.
davep
I think you need to cut it to fit the foglights you are going to use.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Zundfolge @ Jul 2 2008, 07:41 PM) *

So I've got a 916 front bumper but it hasn't been cut for fog lights or oil cooler.

So I'm thinking of cutting it for both, but I'm not sure about the fog lights (I don't have an oil cooler either, but if Johnny Law starts hassling me about my lack of front plate, that's where I plan on putting it).

Is it a perfectly round hole I need to cut? If so how large? Looks like almost 5" but I'm not sure that's right.

Anyone got any real detail pics of either a 916 or a 914 with 916 bumper on it cut for fog lights?

Here's my car.

IPB Image

Here is a 916 front shot - sorry the fogs are turned on - may not help much.
Click to view attachment

TeenerTim
QUOTE(davep @ Jul 3 2008, 09:34 AM) *

I think you need to cut it to fit the foglights you are going to use.

smilie_pokal.gif

If you are going to use round fog lamps, then you should cut the holes round. poke.gif

The simple way is to place the fog lamp on the back of the bumper where it should go and trace a line around it. No rocket science needed.
TravisNeff
does anyone have a pic where someone has used rectangular lights in the 916 front end? from the recesses it looks more fitting.
sww914
I've got a pair of rectangular fog lights that Cliff can try if he wants them.
Gint
That car would look so nice with an early chrome bumper.
Zundfolge
I agree Gint, but it came with the fiberglass 916 bumpers and I've a long list of things I'll be replacing first biggrin.gif

The simple way is to place the fog lamp on the back of the bumper where it should go and trace a line around it. No rocket science needed.

*smacks forehead

I shoulda thought of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.