Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: steel wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nycchef
i have steel wheels and would like to re-do them. is there a way to strip them down and re paint them while they are still on the car? i know they can be bead blasted but want to try to do them without taking the car off the road for too long. also what kind of paint (silver) should i use. pics of some already done would help. thanks
rich
i love porsche
it depends how nice and durable you want them to come out, ive repainted the wheels on my 924 by just taping the tire off , lightly sanding the surface and then doing a rattlecan job..it came out quite nice acutally, but was not very durable. im sure though if a better paint was used it would be better.

you will probably have to take the wheels off the car, but you dont HAVE to take the tire off the wheel
nycchef
good to see your up early. i want to to speak to you you about re doing my longs at the end of the season. also i will be switchiong my 1.7 for a 2.0 after the summer. you can have it with the fi, and extra parts if you want
i love porsche
you have my number, just gimme a call
rmital
lets just go to MovieTime this weekend, put the car on the lift first thing...paint the wheels, then drop the motor outa my red 2.0L...by the time we finish that, the paint might set up enough for the ride home.
TROJANMAN
These were powder coated by the previous owner.
I thought they looked pretty good (until I bought Fuchs) smile.gif

You could always rotate the spare in and do one wheel at a time, so that your car is never off the road.
i love porsche
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Jul 3 2008, 08:05 AM) *

You could always rotate the spare in and do one wheel at a time, so that your car is never off the road.

oh i dont think richie has to worry about that stirthepot.gif
nycchef

oh i dont think richie has to worry about that stirthepot.gif
[/quote]

what's thats supposed to mean junior? lets not forget the 8 bucks you owe me. with interest by now i could take your 924. wait... who the hell wants a 924. stirthepot.gif
i love porsche
some guy from pennsylvania did, i took a bath on that one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.