Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone put a hayabus motor in a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
been looking around at other cars and earlier this year I got to check out a fisher fury. I kinda liked it. It runs a hayabusa motor in it. Then I see they are also using these in the lotus seven. You can even get one in a V8. Just seems like a really cool motor and can be had for really cheap.

Throw on a turbo and for less then 10 grand you have 300 rwhp.
messix
Alphy? is that you? shades.gif
zymurgist
I saw one of these at Carlisle a few years ago. Hayabusa powertrain all the way. Neat 7-speed sequential tranny, NA engine. The car without driver weighed under 900 pounds (there's not much to weigh down a Fisher Fury).

I never thought I'd say this, but I suspect that a 914 might be too heavy for this application. URY914 might have opinons on the matter though.
rmital
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 3 2008, 03:35 PM) *

..no...it's Nate...I think he needs his 914 back soon, sounds like he's getting bored.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 3 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Alpha is Chris and he is in Colorado. I think he was kick off by Mike so he just spends time on the club site.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 3 2008, 12:36 PM) *

I saw one of these at Carlisle a few years ago. Hayabusa powertrain all the way. Neat 7-speed sequential tranny, NA engine. The car without driver weighed under 900 pounds (there's not much to weigh down a Fisher Fury).

I never thought I'd say this, but I suspect that a 914 might be too heavy for this application. URY914 might have opinons on the matter though.

I was thinking the same thing. Most of the cars they put these in are generally under 1500lbs.
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 3 2008, 11:40 AM) *

..no...it's Nate...I think he needs his 914 back soon, sounds like he's getting bored.

hoping by the end of July. I really got to behave for another year though. So even after I get my car back I can't drive it like I want to. mad.gif

And I have no plans of putting a hayabusa in my car. But I may put one in my next car.
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 3 2008, 12:48 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jul 3 2008, 12:35 PM) *

Alpha is Chris and he is in Colorado. I think he was kick off by Mike so he just spends time on the club site.

good god guys...... rolleyes.gif i was joking.......like thats something that Aphy had brought up!

chit ... Dino would understand......DINOOOOOO! headbang.gif
rmital
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 3 2008, 03:54 PM) *

good god guys...... rolleyes.gif i was joking.......like thats something that Aphy had brought up!

....we got it...Nate's our east coast version of Alpha...a lot less abusive, but just a little more dangerous.
messix
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 3 2008, 01:19 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jul 3 2008, 03:54 PM) *

....we got it...Nate's our east coast version of Alpha...a lot less abusive, but just a little more dangerous.

so aplhy works [wants to make all his parts] with ti, what's nate work with?
grantsfo
Sure would be cool to see 914 with one.

Here are latest of a VW Golf with one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUH8S5wvK0M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QUMAyVr_4...feature=related
turboman808
QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 3 2008, 12:19 PM) *

Hey I have calmed down in my old age. Been driving the speed limit, haven't punch anyone in the face in almost a year and dating a school teacher instead of strippers.
PeeGreen 914
School teachers can be much more fun than stippers wink.gif Dated a few of each back in the day. Now for the punching thing... can't say I've ever hit anyone... you'll need to work on that.... and get that car together biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 3 2008, 01:55 PM) *

School teachers can be buch more fun than stippers wink.gif Dated a few of each back in the day. Now for the punching thing... can't say I've ever hit anyone... you'll need to work on that.... and get that car together biggrin.gif

Jon are suggesting that he burro.gif punch the strippers and teachers? confused24.gif
sww914
I've punched a teacher but I've never punched a stripper. biggrin.gif
jaminM3
No, forget the busa..

Check out the new 2009 Star V-Max engine. It's a 1679cc V-4 with 197hp. 123 lb/pnds of torque.
messix
ok ... i'll add something that is actually constructive.

you can't do it!!!!!!

well you could but i doubt the clutch would last a week 'cause the 'busa motor doesn't make 'nough torque at a low 'nough rpm to get the teener movin'. you'd havta rev the chit ottta it to get it in the fat part of the power band, an dat my friend would make toast of yer clutch. now this would go fer the 'busa trany and clutch the same as if'n yer use'n the stock tranny.

but wadda i know?

the earth was once flat.... so just do it!
Dr. Roger
horsepower is nice but.... a whoppin' 100 ft. lbs of torque above 4K.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.