Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Correct Pedrini color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
EJP914
Painted the Pedrini's on my 73 few months ago with Wurth Silver Lacquer. I think they now look too silver / shiny. Can anyone recommend a different silver rattle can color a little darker? What might be close to the orig color? Other Pedrinis I have seen look darker with a more flat finish. Supposed to rain next 3 days. Might be good time to repaint.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(EJP914 @ Jul 3 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Painted the Pedrini's on my 73 few months ago with Wurth Silver Lacquer. I think they now look too silver / shiny. Can anyone recommend a different silver rattle can color a little darker? What might be close to the orig color? Other Pedrinis I have seen look darker with a more flat finish. Supposed to rain next 3 days. Might be good time to repaint.

Hmmm! I never had factory alloys on my car, so I can't speak from direct experience. But to my knowledge, 914 alloys of any variety every had paint on them. I think they were all anodized.

Pat
orthobiz
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 4 2008, 12:55 PM) *

Hmmm! I never had factory alloys on my car, so I can't speak from direct experience. But to my knowledge, 914 alloys of any variety every had paint on them. I think they were all anodized.

Pat

Pedrinis and Mahles were painted.
Fuchs were anodized.

Color match is a big deal but hard to do!
I'll bet jamagro@juno.com can help. Magro is a member of this site. Super guy to talk to and expert on refinishing.

Paul
orthobiz

Pat

Hey Pat, where's that picture of your Fuchs look-alike hubcaps or whatever you used to have. Were those "anodized?"

Paul
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jul 4 2008, 11:15 AM) *

Pat

Hey Pat, where's that picture of your Fuchs look-alike hubcaps or whatever you used to have. Were those "anodized?"

Paul

Funny, Mister Biz!

I stated that I'd had no direct experience with alloys, because I know they promote global warming. Paint would have help seal them, but I was unaware.

Seriously, I DO have pictures of those hubcaps - J.C Whitney specials from 1973, but haven't had them converted from slides yet. Yes, they were anodized & actually fairly correct. Nor perfect, but as I recall I paid $20 for the set.

Pic's to follow.

Oh, and I lied. I DID have a set of empi-style allows on my 914 during the '80's. I'll see if I can dig those pics up too.
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.