Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
My oil pump is leaking ! Is it possible to pull it with out dropping the whole engine again? I just put it in (100 miles on it). It didn`t leak when I ran it on the test stand nor on the first test drives. It ran out about 1/2 a qt. @ idle in less than 5 min. didn` see it till I backed up. HELP!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(72914S @ Jan 26 2004, 04:26 PM)
My oil pump is leaking ! Is it possible to pull it with out dropping the whole engine again? I just put it in (100 miles on it). It didn`t leak when I ran it on the test stand nor on the first test drives. It ran out about 1/2 a qt. @ idle in less than 5 min. didn` see it till I backed up. HELP!!

you have to take off the whole fan shroud crapola,
don't know if that can be done while in the car ...

just drop the engine, it'll take no more than an hour. wink.gif
Andy
72914S
OH well if I have to. Just trying to get off easy.Thought I might just lower the front of the motor while on the lift. Thanks.
SirAndy
QUOTE(72914S @ Jan 26 2004, 05:19 PM)
OH well if I have to. Just trying to get off easy.Thought I might just lower the front of the motor while on the lift. Thanks.

if you can do it, more power to you. and post pics! pray.gif

brad told me i could change the front engine (rubber) mounts with the engine in the car. jacked it up, removed engine crossbar, lowered it a bit to get access to the top nut (yeah right).
ended up fiddeling with that for about 2 hours before i said:
"FUCK IT"

dropped the engine, removed fan shround, changed rubber engine mounts, took the tranny off, fixed main shaft seal.
put it back in (with the new 911 tranny sport mounts) and drove it home.

all in one easy weekend ...
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.