Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found another one!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
At work today, my boss and I are talking about how he wants to expand the shop to work on 356's, early 911's, etc. He asks me if I've seen the 914 down the street at a body shop, I say no. After work I go check it out. It is folding in half, both doors come nowhere near closing. A look inside reveals a decent interior, and the rusted battery tray sitting on the floor. VIN 4732927651, if an admin wants to add it to the database.
type47
sad.gif insert Rest In Peace smilie here
jonferns
Stopped by and took two pics, I'll go inquire about it on monday

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

sww914
That looks like an almost rust free car from an east coast perspective.
So.Cal.914
Kinda looks like a big yellow smile. smile.gif
VaccaRabite
Eh, if you could buy it cheap, looks like lots of stuff to part out, and rthe scrap yards are paying good for steel these days for the rest.

Zach
914Sixer
It has Special Edition Bug wheels on it the VW guys would want. I think they are called Baja or Blue Jean wheels.
jonferns
Ourshop picked it up, and were able to jack it up and close the doors to support it.

Now that I look at it, this car is one of the last 914's produced in '73. The last vin for the '73 MY is 4742927660. This cars vin is 4742927651. The original motor is gone, and it now has a 1.8 (EC engine code) which is incorrect for a '73. I will try to get better pics tomorrow.
SirAndy
QUOTE(sendjonathanmail @ Jul 25 2008, 03:27 PM) *

I will try to get better pics tomorrow.

please get the chassis number, paint code and date code as well ... beerchug.gif

poor little thing ...
sad.gif Andy
TC 914-8
Sh--t, A fork lift in the middle and a couple of heavy weights at each end, it'll be good as new.

No teener left behind.

Parts car it is.... laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.