Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 sport seats: what can you tell me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JackB
I'm thinking of adding a factory replica sport seat (driver only) to my 914/6.

If anybody here can make recommendations as to fit, ease of installation, comfort, etc., I would appreciate it. Pictures of your seats would be even better.

Thanks!

Jack
carr914
My Factory driver seat used the same rails. The passenger seat had it's own custom rail system.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
I don't have any pictures of them... don't have em anymore... But the Scheels fit perfect and looked great. Even better, they were way more comfortable. I believe Camp914 sells seats that look just like the Scheels.
carr914
Here are the bottoms of my Factory seats.

Drivers

Click to view attachment

Passenger..I don't have a picture of the mount

Click to view attachment
JackB
Thanks for those replies.

Are modifications to the firewall pad necessary when using these seats?

Since factory seats are pretty pricey, does anybody have a recommendation for replicas? I know there are several sources for them now.

Jack
PeeGreen 914
Yes, camp914. You can find him in the member vendor section. He goes by Boxtr I think. His name is Craig and he sells the best repros for our cars. You do not need to change your back pad for these seats. They fit right in.
JackB
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 4 2008, 04:03 PM) *

Yes, camp914. You can find him in the member vendor section. He goes by Boxtr I think. His name is Craig and he sells the best repros for our cars. You do not need to change your back pad for these seats. They fit right in.

Thanks, Jon.

Jack
boxstr
Here is the most popuar 914 seat, it is the LeMans. Fits the backpad with no mods and you use your existing seat rails. Bolt on and slide in.
Check my website for more styles, www.camp914.com
CCLINSEATSRUS
PRS914-6
If you want to make your seats function even better, cut off the OEM seat sliders and use 911 ball bearing sliders. It lowers the seat and the seats slide REALLY easy. Metal to metal sliders just can't compare to ball bearings. I have short legs and I slide my seat back every time I get out of the car so this really helped. A few pics...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
hot damn! that's slick! are the sliders with bearings hard to come by?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.