Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglas repo bumpers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wanna9146
I'm seeking stock-looking/fitting fiberglas bumpers for my '71 (with foglight cut-outs). Is there such an animal?
type47
what you want is probably available. search for getty design, gt racing, ..... i see some on ebay all the time for 135.
lotus_65
at automobile atlanta
SirAndy
getty has the GT style in fiberglass ...

shades.gif Andy

jetboy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 4 2008, 07:31 PM) *

getty has the GT style in fiberglass ...

shades.gif Andy

IPB Image

That would be nice to have that set, but, in the "stock" form like the original post asked not the GT style poke.gif laugh.gif .
Wanna9146
QUOTE(jetboy @ Jul 4 2008, 07:15 PM) *

That would be nice to have that set, but, in the "stock" form like the original post asked not the GT style

Do those need flares to fit?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 4 2008, 06:57 PM) *

I'm seeking stock-looking/fitting fiberglas bumpers for my '71 (with foglight cut-outs). Is there such an animal?

our fiberglass front are completely stock looking and from our own mold so a great fit.
jetboy
agree.gif Yeah... but for $550 a set i think i could find some VERY nice chrome to install. Maybe even with replacements.
lotus_65
Group buy, anyone?
Wanna9146
QUOTE(jetboy @ Jul 5 2008, 04:54 AM) *

agree.gif Yeah... but for $550 a set i think i could find some VERY nice chrome to install. Maybe even with replacements.

Where to find? The last (new) set I saw was on E-Bay for $700/ea ($1400 for front/rear). They were factory NOS.

Does anyone make replacements in metal?
jetboy
QUOTE(Wanna9146 @ Jul 5 2008, 09:02 AM) *

QUOTE(jetboy @ Jul 5 2008, 04:54 AM) *

Where to find? The last (new) set I saw was on E-Bay for $700/ea ($1400 for front/rear). They were factory NOS.

Does anyone make replacements in metal?

I just used that as what I normally see ppl here selling their bumpers for. Seems common to see chrome bumpers in pretty good condition going for 150-200 range each here. That comes to 400 a set and 150 left for a decent replacement (if you dont pay attention driving-get an extra front, if your brakes work really good- get an extra rear).

Only problem I have is that I just cant find cheap straight painted bumpers for sale and fiberglass seemed like an option, but, for the price i would be better off priming and painting up a chrome set. I think fiberglass would put our teeners in a modified class for autocross anyways. Not like we aren't at a disadvantage to start with driving.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.