Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steve's unending Progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
stephenaki
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 27 2013, 06:32 AM) *

for storing outdoors, go to the auto parts store and buy a DRI-Z-AIR and place the whole thing in a bucket on the floor of the car. check and pour off the water every 1 or 2 weeks. basically moisture absorbing crystals in their own little catch basin device. use the bucket as you'll likely forget to empty the basin and enough water will collect and over fill. as stated in the instructions the 'water' will be "corrosive" so the bucket is pretty important.

hmm, I'll have to see where I can find this stuff, wonder how well it would work in my gun safe... idea.gif
rhodyguy
actually, i found the ones i have at my local hardware store when they were on sale. over time the crystals dissolve and you have to add new. i have one of the units in my truck that's stored under a tarp.
stephenaki
I finally got around to dropping the motor and tranny. I wanted to build a lift adapter but just ran out of time so I improvised and used my motorcycle lift on one end and my jack on the other to achieve the same thing without having to 'walk' the car up on the left and right. It worked.
Click to view attachment
As one can see the tranny is pretty tore up, I think they left the car on the top of the ship when they shipped it from Germany. Case in point, all 6 *&^%^$##%^& bolts snapped off when I went to remove the muffler!!! headbang.gif They were rusted solid! If I can't extract them then I guess I'll be getting a new muffler.

I drained the oil and, after I help my buddy with his transmission tomorrow, we have to replace the 2 and 4 band on his Chevy tranny, I'll start to tear into the motor. I figure She needs to be cleaned up so I'll just tear it all the way down and rebuild her...again. Besides, I'll need to do quite a bit of work on the body to get it ready for the conversion to a side shifter. Might as well start now. Maybe I'll eventually take it up to Scotty B's to have him shoot it. We'll see.

I still intend to build an engine test stand that I can throw the Teener motor, MG motor and big ole V8 Merc motor on. I got my oxy welding kit in, just need to get some cylinders with fuel and material and off I go!

In the meantime, I will clean up this tranny along with the newly acquired side shifter in prep for Mike's clinic in Feb. Should be a good time. beerchug.gif
stephenaki
Soo, I was thinking, 'a dangerous pastime I know...' Everytime I would pull the valve cover retaining bars off to check valve timing they would take paint off of the valve covers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep this from happening? Slather in petroleum jelly before I pull off and push back on?
stephenaki
Well, after a full weekend at Dr. Evil's transmission clinic, the side shift gearbox is ready to go. I kept the bell housing portion of the donor trans and will be cutting that off and setting it up to be a future mounting bracket for the engine stand and engine test stand.
Click to view attachment
Donor innards on the left

Click to view attachment
Dr. Evil mentoring his hapless victims

Click to view attachment
She is ready to go back in

Click to view attachment
WOOHOO! It is back together

Still need to finish tearing down the motor to fish out the dizzy spring and, as luck would have it, I may be getting lucky with a 2.0 core set of heads from Mike (Mblizzard) who I met at the clinic. Hopefully they are workable so I can do a complete transfer to a 2.0 motor. Speaking of conversions...the current set up has Delorto IDF 40 single barrel carbs, would it be better for power and a smoother running motor to transfer to Webers? Thoughts on this? popcorn[1].gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Feb 10 2014, 07:11 AM) *

Still need to finish tearing down the motor to fish out the dizzy spring and, as luck would have it, I may be getting lucky with a 2.0 core set of heads from Mike (Mblizzard) who I met at the clinic. Hopefully they are workable so I can do a complete transfer to a 2.0 motor. Speaking of conversions...the current set up has Delorto IDF 40 single barrel carbs, would it be better for power and a smoother running motor to transfer to Webers? Thoughts on this? popcorn[1].gif

Since you're obviously a glutton for punishment and have a high tolerance for detail and frustration...go back to djet. Once you've got it sorted out it will give the best performance, economy and reliability. And, until you have it sorted out, you can keep us entertained with your new adventure. biggrin.gif
stephenaki
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 10 2014, 09:21 AM) *

Since you're obviously a glutton for punishment and have a high tolerance for detail and frustration...go back to djet. Once you've got it sorted out it will give the best performance, economy and reliability. And, until you have it sorted out, you can keep us entertained with your new adventure. biggrin.gif

I thought about that but the cost for the ECU is a bit high unless you got one for a steal ya wanna give me...that works! idea.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Feb 10 2014, 09:52 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 10 2014, 09:21 AM) *

I thought about that but the cost for the ECU is a bit high unless you got one for a steal ya wanna give me...that works! idea.gif

I haven't priced out ECUs but it surprises me that they are pricey; what with all the ones that have been pulled out for carb conversions. What is the going price for a djet setup these days?
stephenaki

I haven't priced out ECUs but it surprises me that they are pricey; what with all the ones that have been pulled out for carb conversions. What is the going price for a djet setup these days?

For a used one I have seen anything from $450 to $850 on Evil bay. The $850 unit didn't even have the ECU as part of the set up! I'll probably just run the Dellorto's for the near future and keep an eye out for a reasonable 2.0 FI system. The last time I went down that road I had to threaten someone with a law suit as they got my money and never gave me the parts.

When I sent the individual a note that I would be stopping by to file the suit in his town while on TDY from Germany, the money suddenly showed back up in my Paypal account.
stephenaki
Sooooooooo....my fellow instructor, colleague and gearhead is replacing his Accel Gen 6 EFI with a Gen 7 and will sell me the Gen 6 with harness for probably a $100 or so. I have NO experience with FI systems other than the one in my 78 Merc which is a mechanical CIS.

So, the question is, who has experience with this set up, what type of fuel injectors would work with this setup and what else is needed to convert it all over to an EFI?

My understanding, which is usually wrong, is that the stock FIs won't work well with the newer EFI systems. This being said, I am under the assumption that I would have to find an aftermarket setup that would work with a programmable EFI system to include intake manifold and all associated sensors.

Can anyone point me to a good discussion on converting over to an aftermarket EFI system? I have a feeling I will have to set up what I have in the current carb configuration and slowly build the components to transfer it over to EFI.
stephenaki
Had some time today to tear down the driver's side bank. Initial look is not good. So, what would cause the 'shiny' sections of the pushrods? Rod tube retainer? If so, what is the fix or is this even an issue? Looks to me like it might eventually wear through the rod tubes?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Also looks like the cylinder head did not seal properly based on black spray pattern on the cylinder head.
Click to view attachment

Piston tops are pretty black as well.
Click to view attachment

I guess I'll just clean it all up again. rolleyes.gif Luckily I have a lead on a set of 2.0 heads from MBlizzard so I may be converting to those. I'll take my time and make sure I get things right this time as I obviously didn't on the last rebuild. unsure.gif

Still looking for anyone who has used the Accel Gen 6 EFI for some thoughts on its compatibility and useability in our cars. I'll tear down the passenger side bank tomorrow if I get the chance.
scotty b
Shiny spots are normal. it's from the retainer rubbing the rods. Make certain they re all straighrt. Easiest way is by rolling them over a true surface. If you need the heads machined call me. the Machinist across the lot used to own an import repair shop and knows these things inside and out
stephenaki
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 19 2014, 06:30 PM) *

Shiny spots are normal. it's from the retainer rubbing the rods. Make certain they re all straighrt. Easiest way is by rolling them over a true surface. If you need the heads machined call me. the Machinist across the lot used to own an import repair shop and knows these things inside and out

Thanks Scotty, probably not these heads as I will be hopefully picking up a pair of 2.0 heads from Mike (MBlizzard). Depending on their state, I may take you up on it.
Dave_Darling
The shiny spots are not normal. They're from not getting the retaining wire for the tubes seated on the shoulders of the tubes. If the lower part of the bent wire sticks down into the tube, the pushrod wears on it and you get that shiny area.

The fix is to pull the wire back outward. Pull far enough and the bent corners will "click" into place against the shoulder of the pushrod.

--DD
stephenaki
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Feb 20 2014, 08:14 AM) *

The shiny spots are not normal. They're from not getting the retaining wire for the tubes seated on the shoulders of the tubes. If the lower part of the bent wire sticks down into the tube, the pushrod wears on it and you get that shiny area.

The fix is to pull the wire back outward. Pull far enough and the bent corners will "click" into place against the shoulder of the pushrod.

--DD

hmm, OK, I'll make the adjustment when I get to that point and post a pic to make sure I have it in the right location.

------------------------break------------------------------
Scotty,
Does your machinist bubba clean up case halves and can he make sure the surfaces are perfectly flat prior to re-assembly?
stephenaki
OK, after my TIG welding class welder.gif (I love this class!) and completing the 'Honey Do' list I got to continue the tear down. Seems as if the passenger side cylinder bank and heads also didn't seal. I used the gasket for both sides, don't think I'll do that with the 2.0 heads.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Also noticed that the underside of the rocker arms looked like they were worn away by rubbing on the valve spring assembly? Didn't see any wear on the valve spring assembly though so it may have already be there. It was just the ones to the #4 cylinder.
Click to view attachment

Got all the bolts off and have her up on the bench, I will separate the halves tomorrow and find the errand dizzy spring then start cleaning things up.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Nice thing about these motors is I have no problem manhandling them up onto the bench, sure as hell couldn't do that with my cast iron MG motor or the big ole V8 in the Merc! blink.gif

At least I am not in a rush like I was in Germany, I'll take my time and make sure it is together right, hopefully Mike doesn't find any issues with the 2.0 heads he's selling me.

I will need to resolve the SRS light issue with the son's car as well as fix the window regulator, I think I'll do that after I finish tearing down the motor.
stephenaki
Well, the 2.0 heads fell through. After a good inspection by Mike (MBlizzard) he sent me a note saying they were crap so didn't get them for me. Bummer. sad.gif On the flip side, i'm glad he made the call before I wasted the money on them.

So, we're back to square one with the motor and a new plan. Rebuild the existing motor with the fly cut heads and do the Megasquirt conversion with the current set up. Mike is looking for a set of used intakes and a plenum for the 1.7 motor while I work on getting things cleaned up.

The motor is completely apart and I started to clean things up but then got side tracked with work on the Mercedes, son's JEEP and my new GEO Tracker. I'm rebuilding the steering gear on the Merc and had to replace the bearings on the Tracker to which I found that the locking hubs were shit so now have those on order. I will pull the son's transfer case out tomorrow morning and then check lengths for both input shafts to figure out whether or not I need to do a swap. Hopefully I don't.

Once I get the boy's Jeep squared away and the Merc done I can re-engag the Teener. I'm waiting on an adjustable pin spanner wrench so I can pull the bearing cap on the steering worm gear assembly. It normally comes right off but someone torqued the damn thing in! headbang.gif

I've also started to read up on the Megasquirt conversion, I want to see if I can set up a sequential fire system vice a batch fire system. If anything, the experience I will get from doing this will pay dividends in understanding FI systems and how they are set up. And yes, I'm also a glutton for punishment. screwy.gif Thus...the saga continues... av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
76-914
Did you lap the area to be sure your jugs were mating to the head properly?
Krieger
Hey Stephen. I was checking out your pistons. I am not 100%, but those look like they are from a bus? They seem pretty deeply dished.
stephenaki
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 29 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Did you lap the area to be sure your jugs were mating to the head properly?

originally, while in Germany, no. I will this time though. I just haven't had the time to run them down to a place called Abacus racing.
stephenaki
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 29 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Hey Stephen. I was checking out your pistons. I am not 100%, but those look like they are from a bus? They seem pretty deeply dished.

I'm not totally sure if they are bus or Porsche 2.0s. I read where both were dished but the bus pistons had a deeper dish than 2.0 Porsche heads. At this point it doesn't really matter. I just need to get everything cleaned up, machined where needed and put back together. I'll run the carbs while I work on getting the components for the Megasquirt conversion and do the mods to pop in the new side shift transmission.
Larmo63
After reading this saga, I don't know if the Army needs to issue you a special medal or if you need to be committed. Wow, your perseverance is simply amazing!
mepstein
I bet you can find someone doing a 6 conversion willing to sell a good running 2.0 with stock FI for $1-1.5K. That's the direction I would go. Have money ready and use freightquote.com to ship xcountry if needed. Should be around $250 to ship. JMO and good luck. mark

Or skip ebay and place a WTB for stock FI on World and spend around $500 inc ecu.
stephenaki
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Mar 30 2014, 08:14 AM) *

After reading this saga, I don't know if the Army needs to issue you a special medal or if you need to be committed. Wow, your perseverance is simply amazing!

Wouldn't have made it this far in the Army if I just quit when things got difficult. biggrin.gif Career Army bubbas like myself don't tend to be smart enough to know when to quit, we just keep pluggin away until either the mission is complete or we die. Since I don't plan on dying anytime soon, I'll just keep pluggin away. aktion035.gif

As for medals...naw, got plenty, some meaningful some not. Never put much worth in what was on a person's chest, no, I tend to assess people based on their competence, integrity and intestinal fortitude. You can have a stack of medals going over your shoulder but they don't always represent the true nature of the man OR woman.
stephenaki
WOOHOO! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Got the new FI system from KC, AKA mrfourteen. Needs some cleaning and minor reconditioning but she is in good shape. Now, when you get a call from your son and he say's, 'you got a big box in the mail' and you say, 'it's my FI system for the Porsche.' The follow up should be, 'OK, where do you want me to put it?' dry.gif

His response, 'do you want me to open the box and put it on the freezer?' Think in terms of large low deep freezer, not the upright type. Sounds reasonable right? At least I thought so. Now, most people would assume that this means he is going to open the box, peer inside and then put the box on the freezer. NOPE! Not my son.

I got home to a complete FI system strung out and piled up all over the damn freezer! headbang.gif It didn't help that I was tired as I was on the podium teaching all day! Long story short, I made his ass get back out into the garage and re-box everything back up again. Note to self, define the intent before agreeing to the task! happy11.gif
scotty b
cool mellow.gif
stephenaki
Soooo...not much has been done with the car, she has sat languishing in the driveway under a car cover and waterproof tarp. So many other things have interfered with me getting anything done, it has been a bit maddening! headbang.gif

Monday however, I took the heads, cylinders and pistons to a local machine shop called Magnum Machine shop to get an evaluation and estimate on the heads. They called me yesterday and the owner said the valve guides needed replacement. I checked online today and found them on PP as well as Partsgeek. I called him back and he is going to do some measuring to determine whether or not we need to get oversize valve guides or standard ones.

I should know later today and will order the guides so he can start the work on the heads. He will also check the fit of the cylinder to the head and determine if he has to do any machining. I am estimating about $500 worth of work. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will be cheaper...yeah....right. happy11.gif

I guess I'll continue cleaning everything else up and prepping it for the rebuild. Anyone paint their case? If so, how did it hold up and what type of paint did you use? I am assuming a self-etching primer is needed along with a high temp paint. Any recommendations on this would be appreciated. popcorn[1].gif
CptTripps
Don't just use any "self etching primer" you find. Make sure it's rated for high heat. VHT makes a flame-proof primer for this specific purpose.

Like painting anything, prep work is going to determine how long it lasts. Make sure you de-grease properly...and then do it again....before you prime.
stephenaki
QUOTE(CptTripps @ Dec 17 2014, 11:18 AM) *

Don't just use any "self etching primer" you find. Make sure it's rated for high heat. VHT makes a flame-proof primer for this specific purpose.

Like painting anything, prep work is going to determine how long it lasts. Make sure you de-grease properly...and then do it again....before you prime.

Yeah, I figured it would have to be a high heat primer as well. Sherwin Williams has an auto paint store near me, I'll pop in and talk to them.
stephenaki
OK, need some valve guide help.

As a reminder, my motor started life as a 1.7L. The heads were fly cut to fit 2.0 jugs and, as I discovered, the valves were changed to 2.0 valves with a 36mm Ex and 42mm In valve.

The guy at Magnum did some measuring and came up with 13.13mm Exhaust ID valve guide measurement and a 12.12mm Intake ID valve guide measurement. Now, I know nothing when it comes to valve guide replacement but it is my understanding that I will need to replace the old guides with oversize guides. SOOOOOO...where the heck do I get them and what will work? Doesn't look like PP has anything that will work. The only one I could find there was 12.09mm for the intake.

Any help would be appreciated!
r_towle
European Motorwerks in CA.

Rich
stephenaki
Thanks Rich! biggrin.gif Found them, I will get them on order later today.

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 17 2014, 04:38 PM) *

European Motorwerks in CA.

Rich

stephenaki
OK, so, I stopped by the machine shop and got smart on the valve guides and, thanks to Rich Towle, got new ones on order. Now we wait for them to come in so we can get the heads finished up and the cylinder's honed and cleaned up.

In the meantime, I need to run by autozone, advance or O'Reilly's to find the VHT brand primer that was mentioned. I talked to the people at the Sherwin Williams store and they don't get VHT in much. They recommended the auto stores so, I'm gonna go hit them up.

Now that the bike is back together I can focus on the teener and try to get her back together. Since it will probably be a bit before I can re-assemble her I may tackle the brakes and finish rehabbing those suckers. Might as well, they need to get done anyway.
stephenaki
Piston rings! OK, I have the 94mm pistons, don't need any oversize rings just a standard set. PP has a single set for $22, Rock auto has two sets, one for $8 and the other for $15 but, I can't figure out which set is for a 94mm as Goetze has them for 80mm as well. Finally, I found a set of 4 for $29 from AA performance products. Anyone have any recommendations and the dang Goetze part number for the 94mm rings? PP doesn't show you the manufacturer part number. dry.gif

stephenaki
Never mind! Didn't have a choice as PP were the only ones I could find who had them in stock!
Bulldog9
You can buy Hastings rings from:

Type 4 store - Way over priced, and they actually have a $50 minimum order if you can believe it..... Sorry but that is pathetic.

European Motor Works - Great guys, much more available than is listed on website.

Perfect Engine.com - Best price ( 1/2 cost of others)

I tried unsuccessfully to get the Hastings, several other brands available, but I prefer Hastings. US made, great quality control.

Due to being a ham fisted maroon, I had to order a second set of the Hastings #3402. I see you needed 94mm, I have 96mm, but if anyone needs, I have some rings left over....
Valy
Hope you don't find this out the hard way but, the original pistons had metric sized ring grooves and some aftermarket pistons have SAE sized grooves. This is regardless of the piston diameter that is always metric.
stephenaki
Got the Goetze rings so we should be good to go. If I have to replace them again, I hope not anytime soon, I'll look at the other sites you mentioned Steve.
stephenaki
Soo, it's been a long while since posting anything. I am currently two weeks out from my move to TN. I put the MG and Teener into a storage unit yesterday and today I am working to make the movers mad by loading a tuff box with Porsche parts! biggrin.gif

Had to take a break as a major lightning and thunderstorm came through and I didn't want to be in the garage with the door open when it hit. I'm back at it but needed to check a couple of things first.

I think the plan at this time is to focus on the MG when I get settled, then, tear the Teener completely down and do a ground up resto on her. The MG just needs some minor motor work, mostly clean up and some head work, then assembly. The Teener needs a lot more so I will put her on hold until I can concentrate on getting her done right the first time.

Now, I just need to find a job and a place to settle... Amazon is not dead yet and I go into the second round of interviews shortly and Oracle is courting me as well. I'm also trying to find something in the Knoxville area so we will see what happens. Good thing I got a retirement paycheck from Uncle Sam. It ain't much but it will work for now. sunglasses.gif
stephenaki
I'mmmm baaaaaaack! Well kinda. We got to lovely Knoxville, TN shortly after I retired from the Army and I got roped into helping Herr Blizzard with Okteenerfest 2015. I had a lot of fun though.

So after searching for a job and doing a short stint with Academy Sports out of pure boredom we decided that this is where we are going to put down roots. So far the new year has started with a bang.

We bought a house that we close on in February and, I found a real job managing a couple of projects in the Oak Ridge, TN area. Now I am in the midst of getting ready for our next and FINAL move to a house that I intend to stay in until I die! No more will I pick up and move after a couple of years as I left that life behind when I took off the uniform. I guess I better update my signature. I'm also looking at four post lifts to install in my rather large garage so I can stack and work on cars.

I have conscripted Herr Blizzard into coming with me to VA to pick up the Teener and my MG and we shall bring it back to Knoxville where it is then a mad rush to get it up and running before Okteenerfest 2016. This being said, if anyone finds themselves in the Knoxville, TN area please look me up and we'll have a beer together. Or wine, or scotch, whatever it takes to get you to help work on my car... biggrin.gif

I'll start updating this thread more once I get the Teener back and start putting her back together. BANZAI!! aktion035.gif
r_towle
Have you looked into ORNL?
Big lab, lots of projects.

Rich
stephenaki
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 13 2016, 04:14 PM) *

Rich

Rich,
Yeah, but right now they are only looking for engineers and scientists. The gig I got right now will be nice as it is pure PM work using MS Project and Primavera which will give me a lot of civilian experience. The last PM was let go as he was only a paper pusher vice an actual leader and manager, there is a lot that I will have to do to get this project straight but I'm looking forward to the challenge. screwy.gif

By the way, if y'all are looking, I have a 17 year MI vet that is gonna start classes on cyber security that is looking for something better than Academy Sports. He might be a good fit for that industry, he got out as a Major after he got married to keep from getting a divorce and ironically made it only two years before he had a divorce. blink.gif

Very proactive and aggressive which of course gets him in trouble as he is far smarter and way more organized than the current management at the store I did my stint at.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Jan 14 2016, 07:18 AM) *

Rich

Rich,
Yeah, but right now they are only looking for engineers and scientists. The gig I got right now will be nice as it is pure PM work using MS Project and Primavera which will give me a lot of civilian experience. The last PM was let go as he was only a paper pusher vice an actual leader and manager, there is a lot that I will have to do to get this project straight but I'm looking forward to the challenge. screwy.gif

By the way, if y'all are looking, I have a 17 year MI vet that is gonna start classes on cyber security that is looking for something better than Academy Sports. He might be a good fit for that industry, he got out as a Major after he got married to keep from getting a divorce and ironically made it only two years before he had a divorce. blink.gif

Very proactive and aggressive which of course gets him in trouble as he is far smarter and way more organized than the current management at the store I did my stint at.

He got out 3 years shy of twenty to avoid a divorce and ended up divorced anyway? blink.gif

Stephen, I'll send you a PM with my contact info. Don't have anything immediate but always looking.
stephenaki
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 14 2016, 04:50 AM) *

Rich

Rich,

He got out 3 years shy of twenty to avoid a divorce and ended up divorced anyway? blink.gif

Stephen, I'll send you a PM with my contact info. Don't have anything immediate but always looking.

Yeah, not only that, he would have been considered for LTC the year he got out and probably would have gotten selected. I think he is still kicking himself for that. dry.gif
r_towle

Rich

Rich,

Send him my email address.
I will hook him up to a few recruiters that are looking.

Rich
stephenaki
OK, let's try again, my computer just up and restarted on me so I lost what I had typed earlier. mad.gif

Anyway, I've been a bit busy with the new job and purchase of a new house. We closed on the house about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have been trying to get organized with a ton of deliveries. Furniture, appliances, household goods that were in storage, etc.

It hasn't helped that the two projects that I manage were complete basket cases when I took them over because the previous Project Manager was a useless dirtbag! headbang.gif Makes it hard to organize a house when you have to spend all your time cleaning up work issues.

Nevertheless, it is slowly coming around but the garage is still a bit of a mess.
Click to view attachment
Look! My tool chest! But, I can't get to it!

Click to view attachment
Thar be 914 parts in that there mess!

This weekend the goal is to tear out the closets you see in the picture so I can make space for the 4 post lift. Once I get that done I can organize tools and equipment then go and get the Teener and MG from VA. aktion035.gif

Once that is done, time to get the Teener running for Okteenerfest! Or at least that is the goal. That may be hard to do as I just got a note that I'm being offered a Program Manager position based in Florida. If that comes through, I'll be doing a lot of traveling and won't have near as much freedom as I do now. Add to this that I will probably find myself moving to the St. Petersburg area in about a year... dry.gif

So much for our 'forever home.' Oh well, we'll see what happens, I'll just have to find a new house with lots of room for the cars and bikes again if we wind up moving. Rest assured, I'll be pinging our Florida members if things go that direction.

r_towle
I am supposed to remember this from January?
I cant remember what I did last week....

Might want to hold off on remodeling....just saying.

Also, that wall might be structural, so proceed accordingly.

Rich
stephenaki
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 16 2016, 03:14 PM) *

I am supposed to remember this from January?
I cant remember what I did last week....

Might want to hold off on remodeling....just saying.

Also, that wall might be structural, so proceed accordingly.

Rich

Naw, push come to shove, I'll tear down the lift and move it with me! biggrin.gif

As far as the wall, it's not load bearing. The previous owner added it in after the fact. He used to have a boat that went all the way to the back but when he got rid of it, he built the two closets.
r_towle
smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif
stephenaki
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 17 2016, 08:19 PM) *

smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif

Yup, tear down starts tomorrow! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.