Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, How many of us are Deadheads?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
and guess that r towle is.
I've been to about 25 shows including my first one (first 6 actually) at Red Rocks, Morrison, Colo. dance.gif smoke.gif tunez.gif mueba.gif
brant
my first and 2nd were also at morison colorado....
although I wish I had been to 25 shows...
b
boxsterfan
Roll away the dew.

IPB Image
seanery
YAWN cantstandthedead YAWN
Bleyseng
I saw them at the Paramont in Seattle in 75...
smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
long live the dead!
ChrisReale
I saw one show in 1994 and two a few years later all at Memorial Stadium in Seattle. I like what they did, but I cant stand all the hippies following them around looking for free drugs and a place to trip out. The whole free love idea that developed in the 60's turned into a generation of burnouts looking to get high by any means necessary. Check out the people who follow Phish around. barf.gif
TimT
Watkins Glen.................. it was the Dead, the Allmans..., and probably New Riders....thats when I got on the bus tunez.gif tunez.giftunez.gif tunez.gif

And just think now I drive my racecars there LOL

Not counting the couple of years I worked in the middle east... I saw them every year from 1975 till Jerry started pushing up daisies LOL
reverie
I never tire of listening to Europe '72.. smile.gif clap56.gif

Hardly ever hear 'em on the radio anymore, so when 102.5 played
a long version of Playing In The Band last night, it was a magical elixir!
415PB
I saw them in Portland Maine in 87
redshift
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 26 2004, 07:58 PM)
Check out the people who follow Phish around. barf.gif

lol

"Mr. Hendrix, I smelled marijuana in your vehicle."

"Nope, I do not listen to that band, Officer."

M
nebreitling
laugh.gif

nice reply, chris
SirAndy
nope, not my cup of rock'n'roll ...

now if the sex pistols were in town again! aktion035.gif
Andy
nebreitling
hell yeah, sex pistols!!

course, even johnny rotten is a sell out now..
redshift
Give me a real rock band, and a thread to steal.

M
TimT
I heard Johhny Rotten is going to participate in some Brit reality show?

The dead were part of my formative years...

I like all music though...
markb
UCSB in '74
Scott S
My current favorite bumper sticker:

"Jerry's dead, Phish sucks - get a job"

Jam bands barf.gif
iamchappy
Veneta Ore. field trip, the creamery benifit anniversary 1982 lost a few days wacko.gif in there after that one. Ive got many tapes. I am going to start converting them to cd's and dvd's one of these days. Dead stickers look great on teeners.
need4speed
went to a couple of shows in the 80's. Realized I was more into it for "the scene" than the music. (not saying the music was bad, just "not my bag, baby").

Then when I got out of college, had to get a job, start raising a family, etc.
Never really got into the Phish tho.

Can't really remember the last live concert I went to.

Oh yeah - Weird Al Yankovic 3 years ago. Gawd I'm old.

Thanks for making me feel depressed. Time to drink now. beer3.gif
Gint
I'm not a deadhead (never been to a show) but if you've never been to a concert at Red Rocks, you ought to sometime. I won't go to a concert anywhere else.
campbellcj
I saw quite a few shows (don't ask me to remember how many smoke.gif ) from the mid-80's to shortly before Jerry's demise. There were some awesome moments, esp when guys like Santana, Dylan, Bruce Hornsby and other guest players would come onstage and jam with the band.

One of the best shows I have ever seen was a mix of Dead and Santana guys playing at a tiny club in Ocean Beach. We were front row and basically deaf for days but it was worth it.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(Gint @ Jan 26 2004, 09:05 PM)
I'm not a deadhead (never been to a show) but if you've never been to a concert at Red Rocks, you ought to sometime. I won't go to a concert anywhere else.

THE BEST place for a concert, bar none. Not very conveniently located for me anymore (used to live in Lakewood, CO).
Mark Henry
Me?? go to a dead show?!?

The only thing is we couldn't find any weed....Ya right wink.gif
maf914
Saw the dead in Frankfurt, '89 I think. Good show!

Mike
makinson1
Roosevelt Staduim, Jersey City, 1971 with The Band and Bob Zimmerman.
makinson1
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 26 2004, 06:44 PM)
Give me a real rock band, and a thread to steal.

M

They're not a Rock Band. They're a garage band, jeeezz.
Jenny
I like some of their stuff, but wouldn't proclaim to be a dead head. I haven't been to too many shows, but my mostest favoritest by far is U2. Bono and the edge really get me going. I also enjoy Green Day quite a bit. They put on a kick ass show. aktion035.gif

Miles, is this considered stealing the thread?

Jen
fiid
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 26 2004, 06:37 PM)
nope, not my cup of rock'n'roll ...

now if the sex pistols were in town again! aktion035.gif
Andy

Andy -

Do you listen to the Stiff Little Fingers?
Curvie Roadlover
If you want to talk about the sex pistols, start your own thread mad.gif

:finger2: just kidding
r_towle
Followed them for about a year, in a VW bus....A long strange Trip....

Lots of fun, would do it all over again if I could, and if I was younger...

Rich
VegasRacer
I've been to 1/2 dozen Dead shows, but I wouldn't consider myself a dead head.

I've got 3rd row seats for Bowie next weekend at 'The Joint' in the Hard Rock.

Curvie Roadlover
He still tours?
tunez.gif Panic in Detroit......
SirAndy
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jan 27 2004, 12:38 PM)
If you want to talk about the sex pistols, start your own thread mad.gif

:finger2: just kidding

you little punk ... mad.gif

just kidding :finger2:
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Jan 27 2004, 10:11 AM)
Do you listen to the Stiff Little Fingers?

not much anymore, i still have a CD-Sampler somewhere ...

love the old school UK punk/oi stuff,
man, am i really that old? wacko.gif
Andy
Queenie
Andy, I've been listening to punk rock for 20+ years and I don't feel old yet. Neither should you. Feeling old is for candyasses.

I've been to a bunch of Dead shows (same era Chris Campbell mentioned - probably some of the same shows), but I don't listen to them much any more. I still like them, I just don't listen to them the way I used to.

These days, if it ain't Yo La Tengo I'm not much interested. I do listen to other stuff, but no single band has ever moved me as much as YLT has, and I don't expect there's any that ever will.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Queenie @ Jan 28 2004, 09:58 AM)
Andy, I've been listening to punk rock for 20+ years and I don't feel old yet. Neither should you. Feeling old is for candyasses.

thanks, you're my Queen! smilie_pokal.gif

feeling better already. where have you been? haven't seen you posting in a while ...

got my first Mohawk when i was 15 (and that was MORE than 20 years ago aktion035.gif
Andy
Curvie Roadlover
I've been to a bunch of Dead shows (same era Chris Campbell mentioned - probably some of the same shows), but I don't listen to them much any more. I still like them, I just don't listen to them the way I used to.

Same here
redshift
QUOTE(Jenny @ Jan 27 2004, 12:53 PM)
Miles, is this considered stealing the thread?

Jen

Yep

You guys should have seen Michael Hedges play the double planet, back when he was alive, and had dreads.

You also missed Soundgarden on their first couple months on the road.

I am talking about more than music, more than showmanship... these shows just left you thinking everything was going to be different from those moments, onward... and it was.

M
Queenie
 Feeling old is for candyasses.

thanks, you're my Queen!

wub.gif
where have you been? haven't seen you posting in a while.

I've been busy with school & work mostly, and making art in my time off.
got my first Mohawk when i was 15 (and that was MORE than 20 years ago).

I had one briefly when I was about 17. I've had all kinds of other wacky haircuts, though. And we won't even talk about the copious quantities of black eyeliner that I used to wear. unsure.gif

rock'n'roll helps dealing with life, the universe and the rest

I've been listening to it since before I was born, and I don't intend to ever stop. To borrow a phrase from Lou Reed, my life was saved by rock and roll.
krk
QUOTE(redshift @ Jan 28 2004, 04:01 PM)
You guys should have seen Michael Hedges play the double planet, back when he was alive, and had dreads.

You also missed Soundgarden on their first couple months on the road.

I am talking about more than music, more than showmanship... these shows just left you thinking everything was going to be different from those moments, onward... and it was.

Miles thx for the reminder. The first CD I heard Michael Hedges on was on "An Evening with Windam Hill Live" ('82)-- I was blown away. He only does two pieces on it, but it was my first time hearing his work. I dug the CD out this afternoon and re-listened. Gone too soon!

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.