Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car stalled in rancho cucamonga
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
hi everyone,
I have a fellow club member stuck on miliken just south of the 210 freeway in rancho cucamonga. His car won't start. He said it could be the starter. I am not a mechanical person so I can't help him much.
If you can help, call his cell phone 626-372-7232.
thanks.
Heeltoe914
Calling or try me at 818 266 7774
ericread
I just fired up my computer and saw tjhis posting. Spoke to the guy and he told me once the car cooled a bit it started right up.

Anyway, everything is OK now.

Eric
dyw914
Thanks to Will, Leamon and Eric for the concern. I got a tow back and off course, the car started again once home. I'll need to go through the wiring or look into getting a new starter.

Thanks again.
Wanna9146
Lesson learned? Don't go to Rancho Cucamonga! smile.gif

Seriously, though...did you try push-starting? I know heat-soak is an issue with 911's...any similar issues with 914's?
Joe Bob
Whack the solenoid with a stoopid stick....works all the time.

I was at the GAF concours a couple of years ago before the club meltdown and a 914/6 was stalled out....the guy needed to move it. Beautiful ride, wouldn't move....I asked him if he had anything heavy and hard....he handed me a crescent wrench....WHACK!!!!

Crank it....VROOOOM...or whatever a stock 100hp six sounds like....

Guy moved it and didn't even say thanks.....

Has happened to me even with an upgraded 1.5hp SR68X starter....
dyw914
Thanks for the advice. I did whack it with a crescent wrench but guess I didn't whack it hard enough. Did some research on the board and think I'll bypass the seatbelt relay then look into cleaning/replacing the wires from the battery to the starter and maybe get a starter relay to prevent future problems.
markb
I just had a new soleniod put on my starter, and the guy at the rebuilders said that you DON'T want to smack the newer solenoids. The have long magnets that run the length of them, and if you break them by hitting them, they won't work at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.