Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got my Pedal set today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
These are great! A group buy well done!
echocanyons
beerchug.gif

Gosh snail mail nuthin they got out quick!

Glad it worked out for us!
ChrisReale
Could one mount the brake pedal cover off to the side to allow for easier heel-toe work? Or would that be a bad idea?
nebreitling
how are you going to mount them?

if you cut the old one off and weld the new one, it'll hold!

looks good, n
TimT
Could one mount the brake pedal cover off to the side to allow for easier heel-toe work

Chris... learn how to heel toe before making any mods....Know the technique and be able to do it blindfolded, before you make changes to the hardware....
ChrisReale
They mount to the regular pedals by two screws and nuts. Hafta drill some holes... sawzall-smiley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 26 2004, 05:32 PM)
Could one mount the brake pedal cover off to the side to allow for easier heel-toe work?

which reminds me of anuther question ...

how much "adjusting" is there in the throttle pedal position ???
when i hit my brakes, the pedal only moves between 1" and 2" down. still WAY to far away from the trottle pedal to do heel-toe.

i don't wanna move the brake pedal any further down (cause of the leg/foot/seat/wheel postion beeing perfect),
soooooo, how much can i move the throttle pedal UP? plenty?

anyone?
Andy
bernbomb914
Got mine too, they look very nice, will go very nice with the new carpet and seats

thanks for the effort

Bernie
ChrisReale
OK Tim, I will learn the art before I mod. Andy, on the gas pedal, there are two positions for the throttle cable to attach to it. But, I think there might be a mis-adjustment in your case, maybe?
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 26 2004, 06:04 PM)
But, I think there might be a mis-adjustment in your case, maybe?

dunno, it's werking fine ...

but ever since i got the 9eleben brakes and the 19mm MC my brake pedal is very firm (just the way we like it!).
it ain't moving much ...

Andy
ChrisReale
I might have mis-read your post Andy. Therefore, I have no idea. ohmy.gif laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Jan 26 2004, 06:14 PM)
I might have mis-read your post Andy.  Therefore, I have no idea. ohmy.gif  :lol:

question was:

how much can i adjust my GAS-pedal UP (towards the DRIVER) so i can do some HEEL-TOE action when on the BRAKE.
cause my BRAKE doesn't go DOWN very much ever since i UPGRADED to 9ELEBEN brakes and a 19mm MASTERCYLINDER.

in other WORDS, when i step on the BRAKE, i'm still 2 or 3 INCHES away from the gas-PEDAL, which makes for very DIFFICULT heel-TOE unless i can adjust MY gas pedal UP that much.

icon14.gif

driving.gif Andy
nebreitling
HA!

loud and f-ing clear, andy

i have the same problem. i used to be able to heal-toe with ease. then, i bled the brakes for the first time since owning it. now i have a firm, high pedal. which is great, except i can't fucking hit both pedals at the same time. any advice is appreciated....
redshift
Shorten the throw on the bar that connects the pedal to the rotating actuater on the cluster.

That would be easy, with epoxy.... I'd keep a spare.

smile.gif

M
seanery
Andy, blue car is the same way, it's effin tough!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.