Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I got 914 #2, and I am only 19!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
Bought a 74 1.8 on Friday.

-in a mix of faded/sanded blue and grey primer
-almost no bondo at all except a little around the rear fender lips (my magnet sticks everywhere else)
-4 american eagle polished wheels(1 year old) with mud and snow tires huh.gif (might be selling these eventually...just a heads up)
-2 front kyb struts (1 year old)
-2 read kyb shocks (1 year old)
-re-upholstered seats (in airplane leather... two tone, black/grey) kinda cool, but not for me... so someone make an offer.

the bad:
-transmission is bad...it takes about ten seconds to go from 1rst to 2nd, but it will need a rebuild anyways for what I want to do
-the clutch is gone too
-mostly surface rust except for a quarter size hole and a dime size hole under the car near the right rear jack point. But NOT on the jack point at all. It will need to be cleaned up and have some patches welded in.

I already had my nice 914, (the red one in my avatar) and so this car is going to be a subie conversion.
-EJ25 SOHC or DOHC (havent decided yet), ive heard the SOHC is more 'bullet-proof' than the DOHC. but it seems harder to find.
-rebuilt 901 transmission
-front mounted radiator
-Stock subaru ECU for now, a LINK G3 eventually...
-rebuilt wiring harness by enginewiring.com
-will be adapting the stock 914 mount bar utilizing the smallcar mount
-stub pipes from outback (outfront) motorsports
---custom exhaust will be made by my uncle who is a professional welder and raced cars for many years

Let me know what you think

-Peter

-ill post pics in a sec

malaga_red75
here you go...
malaga_red75
giving my brother a nice....um....wave
914Sixer
Neat car !!!
So.Cal.914
thumb3d.gif
Root_Werks
They say 2 is better than 1.
jd74914
Very nice . . .

Just watch out; you could end up like me with 3 @ 20. laugh.gif
orange914
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 7 2008, 09:03 AM) *

Very nice . . .

kennys on his 5th (its a keeper finally). he bought his first (roach) w/ paper route $ @ age 13.5 dry.gif

good to see them enjoyed by all. sounds like you will enjoy the subi. still keep the other clean and a dd status beerchug.gif
wertygrog
gonna clean out some guys garage full of parts and rollers and I'm 19. Bad news for the parents! blink.gif
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Jul 7 2008, 09:03 AM) *

Very nice . . .

Word. thats where I'm at. Still have the first, sold the second, just got number three and am working on four this week possibly a fifth at the same time. Moms pissed, and I gotta get rid of a bug parts car. Im just glad our association doesnt konw whats going on in our garage. biggrin.gif
PBritain
i only have 1 at 20, im lagging!

nice car
LetoAtreides
Hell yeah! 19-year-old 914 owners unite!

I'm just putting my third engine in after blowing up my first one and buying a dud. Now I find that I need a carburetor rebuild.

And the beauty of it is, if I had known it was going to be this much trouble when I bought it, I still would've bought it.

Nice car. Cheers and good luck!
Justinp71
Looks like a solid car for a conversion, you wont even need first gear after the conversion!

I got my 914 when I was 15, I think I had two 914's when I was 20, but one was a parts car...haha. (I'm only 25 now)

Now I just have one 914-6 that I'm trying to put back on the road. biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Jul 8 2008, 02:05 AM) *

gonna clean out some guys garage full of parts and rollers and I'm 19. Bad news for the parents! blink.gif

My son, Abel, (Rocket on this board) redid his car when he was 16. Its his first car.
He is 19 now, and looking for a project to build...

We have loads of parts to trade, he has plenty of time...and he is your age now..19. So, he is looking for a tub, in MA...seems like you have found one or two. We are not afraid of welding what others may have run away from.
His project will strip off all the fenders and begin from there...he has big plans.

So, I will point this thread out to him so he can get in touch later to see if he can help you haul your new parts stash over...make a new friend or two, and generally get a new buddy his age that is into 914's

his first
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=38369&st=0

Rich
David_S
[quote name='malaga_red75' date='Jul 7 2008, 12:28 AM' post='1053243']

-re-upholstered seats (in airplane leather... two tone, black/grey) kinda cool, but not for me... so someone make an offer.

How about a pic ??? I may be interested in them !!!
turnaround89
Sweet, I am 19 as well and am buying my first 914 tomorrow. Already have a baja bug project going with my dad. but i want a summer car to cruise to my college classes in.
JimSar
Bought mine from an 18 year old up in Rocklin, CA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.