Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funny noise when decelerating after high revs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
I hear a noise (kind of a rattle) when I bring the revs up to around 5000 and then immediatly let off the throttle completely. Sounds like its coming from the decel. valve, is it doing what its supposed to?
Drums66
could be pinging, double check timing, mixture and so forth? cool_shades.gif
Bleyseng
Could be a lose engine tin piece, those damn cheese head screws work loose and the tin rattles. Check 'em all to make sure they're tight.
When can we getogether so I can test that 037 specs?
Geoff
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 24 2003, 08:41 AM)
Could be a lose engine tin piece, those damn cheese head screws work loose and the tin rattles. Check 'em all to make sure they're tight.
When can we getogether so I can test that 037 specs?
Geoff

How about Thursday? Geoff, do you have a timing light? Id like to check my timing...
Bleyseng
Thursday is fine, 4-5PM?
ChrisReale
Sure, Ill call you...I have two different 037's. One is in my car and one is an extra I got in my mad quest for proper FI parts
Dave_Darling
If either of your 037s is NOS (shiney new, in the box, riveted together and the adjustment screws not messed with), would you consider sending it to Brad Anders so he could take readings off of it? That's one of the ones that he hasn't gotten reliable measurements from.

For his website, see http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD
Bleyseng
That's why I am doing it DD, Brad will just have to adjust for high attitude. I have a Wavetek and vacuum gauge so we can get the baseline on a nos 037.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.