Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paging Nate from 914parts.com, are you still here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Well????
biosurfer1
confused24.gif last I heard, he closed up shop here in Sac
hwgunner
That is what I figured but i have been trying to collect a little $$ he ows me since January so i figured i would try this route now. drunk.gif

ericread
There has been four or five threads looking for Nate in the past few months (both this BBS and the "other" BBS). Word is, he's gone.

Good luck! beerchug.gif

Joe Bob
History....
Cap'n Krusty
You got a physical address, I gotta barracuda headed that way this weekend.

The Cap'n
Justinp71
He moved over by Bugformance here in Sac, we could probably call them and they would know.

I have his phone number, one day he just stopped answering it... confused24.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Jul 10 2008, 10:16 AM) *

He moved over by Bugformance here in Sac, we could probably call them and they would know.

I have his phone number, one day he just stopped answering it... confused24.gif

After the move to the Bugformance area he moved to West Sacramento. I am not sure he is still at that shop or if the doors have closed. That move was months ago... None of us locals have seen him. He hasn't come to any events that I have seen him...
JeffBowlsby
I will speak up on my experiences with Nate, nothing but good to say.

I don't know what happened to him but had email exchanges with him earlier this year. He told me there was a recent death in the family and was struggling to deal with that, so there was some delay in our correspondence.

I had bought some parts from him that were described as 'good condition and not rusty' sometime in the summer of 2007. I did not pay that much for them, but when received they are not 'good' but rusty throughout and worthless. I put them in my attic for about 6 months then was reminded to contact him and did. I ended up returning the defective parts and he was resposible enough even after all that time to refund not only what I paid him, but also for the shipping I orioginally paid. he told me that I sdhould not have hesitated to contact him if I was not satisfied.

He is a good man in my book, and always respectful, maybe he just burned out on the 914-thing.

Here is the address he supplied me for my recent return. I dont have a phone #. I only hesitatingly post this on the forum for those needing to contact him, because I believe he is honorable and would want to be contacted if there are any reasonable dissatisfactions.

He goes by the moniker 'addwestern' on this forum and was on here as recently as May.

1510 merkley ave #9A
West sacramento CA 95691
biosurfer1
Nate was always fine to deal with for me...even gave me a few free parts when I needed them quickly. I didn't want to imply anything else.

If I hear from him, I will convey this thread to him
Pat Garvey
I too had nothing but positive transactions with Nate.
Pat
MrKona
I too had a very positive transaction with Nate. He gave me the best price I could find on a set of new Euro-spec Mahle P/Cs. Sorry to see him out of the business.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 10 2008, 02:31 PM) *

Here is the address he supplied me for my recent return. I dont have a phone #. I only hesitatingly post this on the forum for those needing to contact him, because I believe he is honorable and would want to be contacted if there are any reasonable dissatisfactions.

Ditto on the positive experience.

Personally I wouldn't be to happy to learn that someone posted my address to a public forum without my permission, especially in a thread with the tone of this one. A phone number is one thing, an address is another.

Reid
Joe Bob
Tone? The guy skipped owing people money...he's fair game.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 11 2008, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 10 2008, 02:31 PM) *

Ditto on the positive experience.

Frankly I would be irate to learn that someone posted my address to a public forum without my permission, especially in a thread with the tone of this one. A phone number is one thing, an address is another. My $0.02.

Reid

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address. Nothing at all wrong with giving out the business address to someone who has done business with Nate. It is probably stale anyway. I suspect Nate is out of business and thus, not at the address.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 09:24 AM) *

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address.

Ok...but that's not clear to me from Jeff's post, do you know this to be true? He just said it was an address provided for a return ~ lots of folks run these little 914 ops out of their garages.

I digress, it makes no difference to me. Personally, *I* wouldn't post someone's address on a public forum. Aside from being polite, if doing so somehow put them in harm's way I wouldn't want that to come back to me. wink.gif

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
PeeGreen 914
sad.gif Ummm... the guy owes Jonathan money. Jonathan isn't saying he is a bad guy or anything. He is just trying to find the guy so he can collect. Is that wrong? If I were an agent in Cali I would give Jonathan his home address.

For those of you who have not done business with Jonathan I will tell you that he has been one of the best 914 guys I've dlt with. He also stands 100% behind his products and gets them to you FAST piratenanner.gif . So if someone didn't pay up and is hurting his business... that sucks. dry.gif
bdstone914
googles cache comes up with

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:Xcdt7...lient=firefox-a

So your guess is as good as mine, last I know he stopped selling 914 parts and moved into selling all porsche parts, like pelican. I cant remember his new site. He used to post alot of ads on craigslist and then they stopped.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 11 2008, 10:34 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 09:24 AM) *

As would I. But, this is his last known business address. Not his personal address.

Ok...but that's not clear to me from Jeff's post, do you know this to be true? He just said it was an address provided for a return ~ lots of folks run these little 914 ops out of their garages.

I digress, it makes no difference to me. Personally, *I* wouldn't post someone's address on a public forum. Aside from being polite, if doing so somehow put them in harm's way I wouldn't want that to come back to me. wink.gif

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Yes. I know this to be a business address in a business park less than 2 blocks from my own office and operations center. I also know that Nate lives somewhere other than that address given. West Sac. is about 20 miles from the last suburb I know of that Nate lived at. I suspect that if Nate has ceased operations that address is no good. Nate started operations in a storage facility in West Sac. He may have moved back to something like that. But, I suspect that when someone who has been responsive and responsible suddenly disappears, they are out of business or God forbid worse...
Lavanaut
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 11 2008, 11:00 AM) *

sad.gif Ummm... the guy owes Jonathan money. Jonathan isn't saying he is a bad guy or anything. He is just trying to find the guy so he can collect. Is that wrong?

Huh? I don't know anything about a guy named Jonathan, and I'm not talking about Nate in particular. I'm talking about posting (what originally interpreted to be) someone's home address in a public forum. That's it.

If I knew how to contact Nate I'd be inclined to share that info with Jonathan too, but I'd do so in a more discreet fashion ~ PM, email, whatever.

Jonathan, hijacked.gif ...sorry. I hope you get your funds back.
Lavanaut
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 11 2008, 11:57 AM) *

Yes. I know this to be a business address in a business park less than 2 blocks from my own office and operations center. I also know that Nate lives somewhere other than that address given.

Thanks Rob, I didn't understand that fact. Apologies to Jeff, and anyone else I annoyed.

I need a beer damnit.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Jul 11 2008, 12:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 11 2008, 11:00 AM) *

sad.gif Ummm... the guy owes Jonathan money. Jonathan isn't saying he is a bad guy or anything. He is just trying to find the guy so he can collect. Is that wrong?

Huh? I don't know anything about a guy named Jonathan, and I'm not talking about Nate in particular. I'm talking about posting (what originally interpreted to be) someone's home address in a public forum. That's it.

If I knew how to contact Nate I'd be inclined to share that info with Jonathan too, but I'd do so in a more discreet fashion ~ PM, email, whatever.

Jonathan, hijacked.gif ...sorry. I hope you get your funds back.

Ah, gotcha bye1.gif
addwestern
Hi All-

I was told that I was being sought after.

First of All, Jonathan- PM me with an amount and address- oversight on my part.

Secondly, 914-Parts.com is dead- at least for the forseeable future. With a tough economy and some serious family issues- I had some difficult decisions to make and had to close the doors. We have been shut down for about 3-4 months now. Likewise, due to my time being spread in many directions with these matters- I have not been active on the boards.

To all who supported me and my staff- I want to give my appreciation. I have made many great friends and appreciate being the part of some of your projects.

If there is anyone who has some loose ends that need attention- they are not by design and you have my apologies. Please do not hesitate to PM me or e-mail me directly at nate@914-parts.com.

I still have a bevy of parts- some new, some used, that I will be giving away within a few weeks. I will post a message when this occurs.

Thanks again to all- heading into the sunset.... bye1.gif

ericread
Nate;

Hope everything is OK now. Yours was a classy post. Thanks.

Eric Read
seanery
thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.