Hawktel
Will a 75 door fit on a 70 teener?

Without needing Lube Miles. burnout.gif

Without needing a BFH Chris. smash.gif

Thanks guys.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hawktel @ Jan 27 2004, 11:32 AM)
Will a 75 door fit on a 70 teener?

the door will fit. but it's about a gazillion pounds heavier.
you will have to adjust the ride-height on that side afterwards. laugh.gif

Andy
Hawktel
Will my internals from my 70 Door fit on a 75 door? Basically I got a big assed dent, and crack in my 70 door. On evil bay is a cheapo 75 door, and I'm wondering if it is somthing I could put on my ride and fix the door.

Thanks for the reply Andy.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hawktel @ Jan 27 2004, 11:53 AM)
Will my internals from my 70 Door fit on a 75 door? Basically I got a big assed dent, and crack in my 70 door. On evil bay is a cheapo 75 door, and I'm wondering if it is somthing I could put on my ride and fix the door.

nope, guts are completely different ...
won't fit either way, but the complete door will fit.

but seriously, the late doors have all that side-impact crap that makes them heavy MOFUs ...

Andy
Hawktel
Humm Pull the dent and weld the crack then I guess.

I need more time.

Thank you Andy.
nebreitling
personally, i'm all for the side impact beam on the late doors.

saved my ass once.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jan 27 2004, 12:18 PM)
personally, i'm all for the side impact beam on the late doors.

do you think it makes that much of a difference when you have 2 tons of "suburban" rolling through your pass. comp. doing 80mph?

all you'll see before you get squashed is his licenseplate right in front of your face anyways. with or without late doors. sad.gif

Andy
nebreitling
i concede that point, sir.
StratPlayer
Hey Hawk,,,, give Ed Andrews a call in SLC,, he might be able to help you out on what you need. 801-532-3697
Hawktel
I keep meaning to Jim. From the folder I received with the ride, he practially built the car. I'm getting antsy to get some things done on it to make it more drivable. I'll contact him. Maybe he can help me with the door handles also.

welder.gif
Andyrew
Im guessing thats why you have a roll cage andy??

Andrew
echocanyons
Tell Ed I said hello

Dont let him talk your ear off laugh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jan 27 2004, 03:51 PM)
Im guessing thats why you have a roll cage andy??

roll-cage won't help me much either when i get T-Boned by a 2-Ton SUV ...

watched a guy die in front of my window the other day.
he was in a brand new mustang, got t-boned by a mid-size SUV that ran a red light at about 60mph ...

drivers door was half way through the car, past the center tunnel.
the guy didn't have the slightest chance. flat as a pancake.
icon8.gif

Andy
Aaron Cox
finger.gif soccer moms!
Rgreen914
Sir Andy

Maybe I shouldn't mention this, but my 3/4 ton, 4X4 'Burb weighs well over 3 tons...a Ford Excursion 4X4 is at least a half ton heavier.
Hawktel
Actually in my Teener, with a good side impact, I don't plane to survive. I think even a tuna can kia at 60+ would mean checking out.

hanged.gif

Well I found a good door, and a rear lid for my poor tired old car. I got some corner body work to do, and flares, and it will be looking almost decent.
Andyrew
Thats why suv's are evil. Lets have a sawzall party at all the soccer games!!!!!!!

sawzall-smiley.gif

Andrew
Bleyseng
Here in Washington we are planning to get even! The latest tax on autos will be based on weight! This includes SUV's, trucks and motorhomes. The tax will pay for the light rail system going in from Seattle to Bellevue and beyond.
Ha!

Geoff laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.