Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the deal with Korijo's van?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Hey,

Just wondered what the lastest with the Van project is????

Is there anything I can do??

Fiid.
rick 918-S
bump with a snow shovel. I can't stand up. bootyshake.gif
Korijo
IPB Image

and whats up with the Bilsteins wink.gif
TMorr
Any news? It would be great to have an update. smile.gif
morph
Yeah, kind of curious myself
TMorr
confused24.gif
Brad Roberts
It is sitting at my house until the transport truck passes up HWY 5 on its way to Seattle. I cant/wont drive it up there... and the plates/tags are out by more than 9 months. It is not legal to drive and I dont give cops the oppurtunity to pull me over. The plan is to ship it up to him using the same guy CraigL uses for transport. It is a matter of timing with the truck driver. I have to take it out to HWY5 and meet the guy soon (on a trailer).

Feel free to volunteer to drive a illegal vehicle for 12-14 hours north. I'm not. Washington wont issue it plates until it passes Washington smog.

It has to leave my house soon.. the home owners association will tow it if they see the plates are expired. I move it around the house/area 2-3 times a week.

I'm averaging 16 hour days and spending 3.5 hours of it driving back and forth to southbay. I have dont have time to shit right now.

Oh.. buy your own Bilsteins. I'm done with group buy's. Too much work involved and no return.

B
Jeffs9146
DMV will issue a temporary permit to move a vehicle from one location to another. Just drop by a DMV office with the registration information and tell them the story!

I had to do this last year and they will give you up to 7 days and one way mileage. As long as you are under the mileage and the days you are safe!

Jeff
drew365
As long as you are under the mileage and the days you are safe!

What do you do when you cross into Washington? Will they recognize the California temp? Flatbed's safer all around. No more surpises till it gets to Dave would be a good thing.
Jeffs9146
What do you do when you cross into Washington?

Same thing as if you drove your "registered" car out of state. They give you a temp tag!

Jeff
fiid
Brad - you've done a killer amount of work on this - good job. Please don't feel harrassed - just want to help if I can.

I'm happy to drive it up there with someone else on a weekend if we get temporary tags for it. If you want to go this route, I can go to the CA DMV and get the temporary tags as well if you like. Just let me know what I can do.

If the flatbed thing is going to work out - thats fine too.

Fiid.
TMorr
Brad I know you have a lot to do right now so please let us know if
we can help out in any way. If you need someone to help out with
the driving I'm in, (can not help weekend of 14/15th time trial at Sears)
any other time is fine. I just wanted an update any didn't mean to piss
you off blink.gif wub.gif
morph
If it would make it any easier, somone could bring it to our house(Salem Oregon area) and we could take it the rest of the way to seattle, Just a friendly offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.